Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Guitars that AREN’T Fender or Gibson

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’m looking to add a guitar to my small playing collecton which is: 61 Fender Strat: 76′ Gibson 335 : 80’s Gibson V : 60’s National lap steel. My question is what would the good folks here at guitarsite recommend ? I play mostly rock, some blues. I’m looking for something that will give me a different sound than what these give me, eg. maybe a 12 string, or maybe a " jangly " sounding guitar like a Rickenbacker. Or just something eclectic and fun – Mosrite, old Danelectro, Gretsch, Dobro. Any ideas ?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

l would like to buy a fender casster guitar from your shop because it is a got brand if you get this e-mail
      pleace right back.

Anonymous

Please provide a BBCode string as an argument.

Anonymous

Hey you should look into Carvin. They make great guitars. Believe me I have played alot of guitars and Carvin guitars just plain ROCK!

Anonymous

: Buy a Rickenbacker with the toaster top vintge pick-ups. Twang, jangle and sweet overdrive. Don’t get a Rick with the "Hi-gain" pu’s. They suck.

Anonymous

I’d say look at old vintage Guild hollowbody guitars, or Gretcsh. Archtops!!!

Anonymous

Ive heard danelectro 12 strings are great for the price, they have sound samples at http://www.danelectro.com, they have a unique sound. I borrowed an Rickenbaker 360 6 string for a while, and although it could sound nice clean it was a bugger to play lead on and sounded too thin and spikey for most occasions.
      You could try hybrid guitars that have say coil tapping and even special acoustic sounding pickups – e.g. PRSs, Eggles, etc – or even soundthing with a roland hex pixup (e.g. Godin and Roland Guitars) to blend in synth sounds.

Anonymous

Gretch and Ricks are very cool.Tons of personality.

Anonymous

How about a Les Paul jr.(?)With the double cutaway and
      soap-bar pickups.Nice,twangy and mean with overdrive!

Anonymous

: I’m looking to add a guitar to my small playing collecton which is: 61 Fender Strat: 76′ Gibson 335 :
      : 80’s Gibson V : 60’s National lap steel. My question is what would the good folks here at guitarsite recommend ? I play mostly rock, some blues. I’m looking for something that will give me a different sound than what these give me, eg. maybe a 12 string,
      : or maybe a " jangly " sounding guitar like a Rickenbacker. Or just something eclectic and fun – Mosrite, old Danelectro, Gretsch, Dobro.
      : Any ideas ?
      : McInturff!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.