Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics takamine F340SD

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I posted a question abput my dads takamine and i thought it may have been made in 1962 but it says EST 1962 so im not sure now i do know he got it in the late 70’s tho..can anyone help me with its value? thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have the same make guitar including est.1962 and I bought it around 1978 from a local music store in Dover, De. After 34 years of playing I too was curious about the serial number and the worth. it is in great shape and still sounds crisp. I don’t think i would ever get rid of it. It would be nice to know some of the history of the origin though as well as the possible number of this serial number guitar are still out there.

Anonymous

: I posted a question abput my dads takamine and i thought it may have been made in 1962 but it says EST 1962 so im not sure now i do know he got it in the late 70’s tho..can anyone help me with its value? thanks Yes I read your earlier posting, and followed my own personal rule "If you can’t say anything good, don’t say it at all". That would have have dealt with the est 1962 issue, since I got one of the first Takamine’s ever, which was a copy of a Martin, circa 1970. Made by the same guy, Kaman est 1960’s, as my Ovations 1967 & 69. There isn’t info on your exact-to-the-letter model guitar in my materials. I’m thinking it’s like the ones I have info on, but SD? What’s that, a solid top dreadnought! I’d assume it is, good condition used $500 US. Worth more to keep than to sell. Prove me wrong, I don’t mind at all. Strat man Dwight

Anonymous

Dwight, i too have a personal rule, ‘Give it to em straight, especially Hondo 2 owners’

Anonymous

can a person make enquirys without getting shot down..hey lee your a wanka

Anonymous

thanks very much strat man.I have started to learn playing again and my dad handed it down to me and made my millenium.I would never sell it i was just curious as to what kind it was as i couldnt find anything on the serial number either.He found the guitar in the 70’s in the local hotel basement and it has been all over australia with him to tammworth and new zealand.thaks very much for your help it was much appreciated. cheers.kristie

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.