Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Yamaha pacifica 412

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

What do you think of the Yamaha pacifica 412 for a beginner ?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: What do you think of the Yamaha pacifica 412 for a beginner ? I like it, it’s a nice guitar, but here’s something realistic. 1. It has a long scale with tighter strings, than let’s say an Epiphone electric, which would a tad softer-feeling & easier to play. 2. Tremolos can be nasty to a beginner. The Epiphones are hardtail with fixed strings 3. If you like the style and features of the Yamaha, you can get a Lyon (24 fret super strat) by Washburn, made in the same factory, and just as good for half the price. 4. If you get either the Yamaha or Washburn Lyon, know this. They are made lightning fast on an assembly line, with no particular attention to detail, and the hardwoods used are from fast growing tropical trees. So is the Epiphone, but the Epiphone goes to Gibson’s inspection facility in Nashville USA for a 17 point quality control inspection and set up. You should ask for the inspector’s card with any Epiphone purchase. The others can get warped a bit after they leave their tropical climate and would tend to be problematic, more difficult to play unless adjusted by a guitar technician, and properly acclimatized to their new conditions. You could have anything from high action to fret buzz. With the Lyon, you get a better value, so it’s not hard to fix. They are under $99 and when set properly, make a super beginner guitar. Epiphone rings in at around $200 – $250, but should be lower maintenance. My observations and experience. Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

: : What do you think of the Yamaha pacifica 412 for a beginner ? : I like it, it’s a nice guitar, but here’s something realistic. 1. It has a long scale with tighter strings, than let’s say an Epiphone electric, which would a tad softer-feeling & easier to play. 2. Tremolos can be nasty to a beginner. The Epiphones are hardtail with fixed strings 3. If you like the style and features of the Yamaha, you can get a Lyon (24 fret super strat) by Washburn, made in the same factory, and just as good for half the price. 4. If you get either the Yamaha or Washburn Lyon, know this. They are made lightning fast on an assembly line, with no particular attention to detail, and the hardwoods used are from fast growing tropical trees. So is the Epiphone, but the Epiphone goes to Gibson’s inspection facility in Nashville USA for a 17 point quality control inspection and set up. You should ask for the inspector’s card with any Epiphone purchase. The others can get warped a bit after they leave their tropical climate and would tend to be problematic, more difficult to play unless adjusted by a guitar technician, and properly acclimatized to their new conditions. You could have anything from high action to fret buzz. With the Lyon, you get a better value, so it’s not hard to fix. They are under $99 and when set properly, make a super beginner guitar. Epiphone rings in at around $200 – $250, but should be lower maintenance. My observations and experience. Strat Man Dwight Thank you, I will look into the Epiphone 🙂

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.