Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Help – How do I adjust my guitar’s action?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi,

I have an Ovation 1528 Ultra Delux guitar. I HATE this guitar’s action (don’t think much about the guitar, either). I have very light gauge strings, but the action is still too high. I believe the neck tension is correct, but the bridge is too high. It kills my fingers to play it.

Since the bridge has the integral pickup, I can’t file down the nut! Is there a way to fix this or is this just a wall hanger?

Marv

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Nothing fancy, only way I see is to remove integral pickup and replace with standard undersaddle pickup, and get a pre-cut saddle that can take a little shaping to your needs. Waste a pickup, save a guitar, man. Andrew

Anonymous

Ovation was kind enough to instruct me on how to pull the saddle to remove two shims. Action is much, much better, but the guitar sounds like S^!T. The first string is very dead. The others don’t have a good balance of sound. There is a big contrast between this and my LoPrinzi, but so there is a difference in price, too. Still needs work. : Nothing fancy, only way I see is to remove integral pickup and replace with standard undersaddle pickup, and get a pre-cut saddle that can take a little shaping to your needs. Waste a pickup, save a guitar, man. Andrew

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.