Help - How do I adjust my guitar's action?

Posted by Marv on Thu, 11/11/04 - 23:31:46.

Hi,

I have an Ovation 1528 Ultra Delux guitar. I HATE this guitar's action (don't think much about the guitar, either). I have very light gauge strings, but the action is still too high. I believe the neck tension is correct, but the bridge is too high. It kills my fingers to play it.

Since the bridge has the integral pickup, I can't file down the nut! Is there a way to fix this or is this just a wall hanger?

Marv

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Help - How do I adjust my guitar's action?

Nothing fancy, only way I see is to remove integral pickup and replace with standard undersaddle pickup, and get a pre-cut saddle that can take a little shaping to your needs. Waste a pickup, save a guitar, man. Andrew

Re: Help - How do I adjust my guitar's action?

Ovation was kind enough to instruct me on how to pull the saddle to remove two shims.

Action is much, much better, but the guitar sounds like S^!T. The first string is very dead. The others don't have a good balance of sound. There is a big contrast between this and my LoPrinzi, but so there is a difference in price, too.

Still needs work.

: Nothing fancy, only way I see is to remove integral pickup and replace with standard undersaddle pickup, and get a pre-cut saddle that can take a little shaping to your needs. Waste a pickup, save a guitar, man. Andrew

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.