Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Can you get that Slash style gain or distorted sound from a pedal?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Someone said the Marshall Gv-2 becuase it is like having a tube amp in a pedal. I also have been using SD Alnico II’s in my LP’s for a while but can’t spring for a marshall tube stack due to me moving to NY. I’m running out of an old fender amp. Have tried the gain all the way up, and blah blah blah but it is not a marshall and it is not a tube amp. any ideas???

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

recieved the GV-2. Tried it, is not doing it for me. tried reccomended settings from another guy. Am I not adjusting the amp settings right? Have a mid, treble and bass knobs. also reverb and volume. On the pedal I have gain, volume, deep, mid, bass and treble? Anyone know?

Anonymous

Slash deos use Alnico II’s in all his guitars. I was also looking for some Pickups to put into a mockingbird. I want to use that as my metal guitar. What do you guys think about A enclose Seymour Distortion for bridge and a seth lover for neck? I want to get a thick yet heavy disortion and but really enjoy Zakk Wyldes tone. But am not sure about EMG’s. Got any ideas.

Anonymous

: Someone said the Marshall Gv-2 becuase it is like having a tube amp in a pedal. I also have been using SD Alnico II’s in my LP’s for a while but can’t spring for a marshall tube stack due to me moving to NY. I’m running out of an old fender amp. Have tried the gain all the way up, and blah blah blah but it is not a marshall and it is not a tube amp. any ideas??? Hi Andrew, for the people on the forum here, I just want ’em to know you’re a different Andrew, not my son who goes by Andrew Listmayer. I’ve been having trouble getting my answers posted on the forum too, getting blocked by the moderator, so I haven’t got a lot to say. Will let the other boys address your effects question. It’s great, and would be alot of fun to talk about pedals. But I gotta say, you need a compressor/sustainer right away. I’m a super serious, many-years-old Gibson hotrodder. I think your Alnico 2’s in the first place are a little light & bright. The alloy in the 2’s are the vintagy, jingly janglers of the magnet world. Alnico 5’s are the heavy hitters, as are PAF humbuckers if you still want vintage tone with a little more punch. If this was my rig and my gig, I’d go ebay or used, and cop a set of DiMarzio super distortions to put ahead of everything else. Strat Man Dwight

Anonymous

: : Slash uses Alnico II’s you dumb ass loser. yeah lets make this a Listmayer Gay Family Reunion. : : Les Paul + Marshall Guvnor, 80’s model = Slashs sound without a stack. : You’re welcome. I’m glad you found Slash’s gear or rig info, that’s quite pro! The artist here uses many, many different types of pickups. Would love to discuss this a little more guitarman to guitarman. The computer/forums will let you say just about anything. Manners not necessary. All the best, Strat man Dwight thanks for the info. Both of you. I’ll try the Guv’nor 2. I don’t know If i can find a model that far back. What is the difference between the new version and the old verion of the GV? I’ll go by Andrew Warren now too.

Anonymous

Slash uses Alnico II’s you dumb ass loser. yeah lets make this a Listmayer Gay Family Reunion. Les Paul + Marshall Guvnor, 80’s model = Slashs sound without a stack.

Anonymous

: Slash uses Alnico II’s you dumb ass loser. yeah lets make this a Listmayer Gay Family Reunion. : Les Paul + Marshall Guvnor, 80’s model = Slashs sound without a stack. You’re welcome. I’m glad you found Slash’s gear or rig info, that’s quite pro! The artist here uses many, many different types of pickups. Would love to discuss this a little more guitarman to guitarman. The computer/forums will let you say just about anything. Manners not necessary. All the best, Strat man Dwight

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.