Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics fender bandmaster blackface combo amp

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve had this amp for years and have never bothered to find out much about it. The serial number on the cabinet is not readable, and I have never seen an amp just like this one. Most Blackfaces that I have seen are head and speaker cab. This one is a combo unit with a single 15" speaker. I’m interested in some different speaker combinations, possibly installing three 10" speakers. So two questions, really. What speakers to I use? And can anyone tell me more about this aparently unique amplifier?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I’ve had this amp for years and have never bothered to find out much about it. The serial number on the cabinet is not readable, and I have never seen an amp just like this one. Most Blackfaces that I have seen are head and speaker cab. This one is a combo unit with a single 15" speaker. I’m interested in some different speaker combinations, possibly installing three 10" speakers. So two questions, really. What speakers to I use? And can anyone tell me more about this aparently unique amplifier? Gerard, your Bandmaster probably comes from a very short window in time between 1964 – 68 due to it’s hue. It is not of the earlier tweed or brown variety. Not many came with a single 15". It can be replaced with 3 -10’s, which equipped some original Bandmasters. Probably go to mr.gearhead.com and ask away.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.