fender bandmaster blackface combo amp

Posted by gerard on Mon, 11/29/04 - 05:03:33.

I've had this amp for years and have never bothered to find out much about it. The serial number on the cabinet is not readable, and I have never seen an amp just like this one. Most Blackfaces that I have seen are head and speaker cab. This one is a combo unit with a single 15" speaker. I'm interested in some different speaker combinations, possibly installing three 10" speakers. So two questions, really. What speakers to I use? And can anyone tell me more about this aparently unique amplifier?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: fender bandmaster blackface combo amp

: I've had this amp for years and have never bothered to find out much about it. The serial number on the cabinet is not readable, and I have never seen an amp just like this one. Most Blackfaces that I have seen are head and speaker cab. This one is a combo unit with a single 15" speaker. I'm interested in some different speaker combinations, possibly installing three 10" speakers. So two questions, really. What speakers to I use? And can anyone tell me more about this aparently unique amplifier?

Gerard, your Bandmaster probably comes from a very short window in time between 1964 - 68 due to it's hue. It is not of the earlier tweed or brown variety. Not many came with a single 15". It can be replaced with 3 -10's, which equipped some original Bandmasters. Probably go to mr.gearhead.com and ask away.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.