Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics dire straits guitar sound

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Could anyone tell me how to get the sound of
    knopfler’s guitar on zoom 505II pedal
    (for songs like sultans of swing and telegraph road)?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

little bit of chorus and compression, bit of reverb and of course an original 57 strat, failing that, any old strat with the switch on the position 2 (bridge and mid PU’s on) and i think you will have the sound.

Anonymous

: little bit of chorus and compression, bit of reverb and of course an original 57 strat, failing that, any old strat with the switch on the position 2 (bridge and mid PU’s on) and i think you will have the sound. Although I totally agree with comments so far, as far as I know the Sultans of Swing Strat had a mod that allowed all three pickups to be used at once. However, that’s a small detail compared to earlier notes about technique and pickup settings.If you want to copy the phrasing on many of the triplet runs, you almost have to use thumb, first and second finger. At that point, you should find the tone starts to follow.

Anonymous

I think analog or tape delays help too. Of course Mark Knoffler’s main skill is in his "touch". It’s pretty light and very consistent.

Anonymous

and dont forget …. NO PICK !

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.