Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Rickenbacker Pick Up Modification Question

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have a Rickenbacker 360 6 string guitar and I wanted to get a louder cleaner sound from it. Is there a Seymour Duncan Pick up that I should check out? Also, are the stock pick ups of a rickenbacker the same size as a Gibson style humbucker? Please help.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Thanks for the info!!

: : Only Ricknbacker PU’s will be direct swap outs. Duncans and mini humbuckers will all require some drilling or routing. Gibson humbuckers are way too big.
      : If you want, try the vintage re-issue pick-ups(commonly called toaster tops). They give a loud, clean jangle. They are now discontinued but you can find them.(check Gbase.com). Rickenbacker makes a humbucker that will fit your guit. If you don’t want them, sell your guitar and buy something else. Don’t carve it up unless you really like it and don’t plan on selling it. Yes, I am a Rick lover…

Anonymous

: Only Ricknbacker PU’s will be direct swap outs. Duncans and mini humbuckers will all require some drilling or routing. Gibson humbuckers are way too big.
      If you want, try the vintage re-issue pick-ups(commonly called toaster tops). They give a loud, clean jangle. They are now discontinued but you can find them.(check Gbase.com). Rickenbacker makes a humbucker that will fit your guit. If you don’t want them, sell your guitar and buy something else. Don’t carve it up unless you really like it and don’t plan on selling it. Yes, I am a Rick lover…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.