Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Are there Stratocaster Serial Numbers starting with a “Z”?

• This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Are there Stratocaster Serial Numbers starting with a "Z"?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

The above comment is correct-I am a certified Fender tech. Z0 means 2000, Z1 2001, etc.-those nos. are for strats and teles.

Anonymous

: Are there Stratocaster Serial Numbers starting with a "Z"? Yes, for sure. Anything past the year 2000.

Anonymous

Thanks Daisy – is there a site online that would give me more info regarding the "Z’s" – where it was made, etc.? Mr. Gearhead / Fender maybe? : : Are there Stratocaster Serial Numbers starting with a "Z"? : Yes, for sure. Anything past the year 2000.

Anonymous

: Thanks Daisy – is there a site online that would give me more info regarding the "Z’s" – where it was made, etc.? Mr. Gearhead / Fender maybe? No. Sorry no site. It just helps to know people in the biz. Various books explain that S is for seventies, E is for eighties, and N for nineties, followed by a number where for example E7 means 1987. But the Z’s are so recent. We have Z00, Z01, Z02, Z03, Z04 so far. This just doesn’t apply to the American Vintage Reissues which are VR numbers.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.