Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics informations: yamaha sf 1200

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

hi all,
    im french so sorry for my english…
    i have a SF 1200 and it’s impossible to find some informations on this wonderfull guitar.
    if any one have something for me, i appreciate.
    big big thx too all.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Yamaha SF1200, I purchased it, brand new, in the early 1980s. It is in beautiful condition, has lived in the Yamaha case it came in from new, and has an immaculate Mahogany body. It plays very well and has only been gigged about 30 times.
      It was, I believe, only manufactured for a brief period and I have never met another owner of one. I can supply a picture if anybody is interested in it. Picture available if anybody is interested

Laurie

Anonymous

Hi There,

I recently bought a Yamaha SF 1200 guitar Online. I Searched online and cloud get very few information about this guitar. I have the following issues with guitar.

1. The tuning keys that came with this guitar were not original, it was replaced by the owner with some cheaper ones. Need advice on replacing the tuner since the guitar never stays tuned. Please let me know he closest replacement available in the market.

2. The fret-board has some serious finger devout due to usage which needs to be fixed.

3. The Nitro cellulose Lacquer used as the topmost coat on the guitar started fading. This guitar is actually an oil-stain finished, However, in some places i can see that color has changed to pale yellow which looks really odd. Need advice on how to restore the original color back.

Any advice on these is appreciated.

Regards,
      Joyson

Anonymous

Hi. I have an SF1200 and it’s been my main and favourite guitar for over 10 years. It toulk just as much to get any info on it. But if you manage to contact someone in Yamaha Japan and give them you serial # you should be able to get all the info. As I said, it took a decade for me. It is very rare, never sold in North America, limited sales in Europe…There’s no info on the net except for some that I’ve posted. I have some photos from some of my shows on the net somewhere as well. E-mail me and I’ll send you more info on the guitar when I get home. Cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.