Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics tuning to Ab Eb Bb Db Gb Bb /// Ab Db Ab Db Gb Bb

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

im trying to learn a few songs by Mike Mushok from Staind and these are the tunings he uses.Im familiar with a lot of tunings and how to tune down to them but im lost with these two tunings can anyone tell me how to tune down to these tunings?I would really appriciate it A LOT….Thank You…..ECH

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Just buy a chromatic tuner. I’ve even heard that you can find tuners online that play a refrence tone. I’m a big Staind fan, so i’ve messed with these tunings a little. Mike plays a baritone Guitar so it’s alot easier to get his really low tunings. With a standard guitar it’s hard to keep in tune and get any kind of tone since the strings just flop around due to low tension. best bet is to invest in a baritone.

Anonymous

To tune down to these unusual tunings you could do one of two things. First you could buy a chromatic tuner which would allow you to tune to any note. Or two you could tune one of the strings with the string next to it and work your way across the strings. The notes all go in the same order on every string Ab,A,Bb,B,C,Db,D,Eb,E,F,Gb,G,Ab….(and repeat) Just tune the string to a note that you already know and figure out which notes are at which fret. Then tune the other string to that. Then using the string that you just tuned tune all of the other strings. Of course it sounds like with these notes that you have stretched your strings to impossible limits. It seems to me that you might want tuning where each of the six strings is dropped down one tone. This would go from standard tuning E,A,D,G,B,E to Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb. This seems more like what you want since you wouldn’t want to warp the strings so much to get some of these notes. Anthony

Anonymous

why don’t you just play a six string bass?

Anonymous

: why don’t you just play a six string bass? haha..regular comedian..thnx for the help..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.