Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Strings for electro-acoustic Ibanez Talman ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hello to all,

I wanted to know, as owner of an Ibanez Talman TCY-10 (or Intercity), what was the original set strings of this guitar ?

As I changed several times the set, and never could find the brilliance of the first set I had (I bought several Martin and D’™addario sets). Moreover, we don’™t have web-coordonnates for Ibanez distributor in France ! 🙁

With great thanks,
    Stephane

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: : Hello to all, : : I wanted to know, as owner of an Ibanez Talman TCY-10 (or Intercity), what was the original set strings of this guitar ? : As I changed several times the set, and never could find the brilliance of the first set I had (I bought several Martin and D’addario sets). Moreover, we don’t have web-coordonnates for Ibanez distributor in France ! 🙁 : : With great thanks, : Stephane Look, I’m not kidding you here. I had the same guitar and kept the original strings for about a year. The coating discoloured fairly quickly, but the sound was brilliant. I would say they were phosphor-bronze. Nobody knows the brand name, and it could change anytime. Hopefully, you just haven’t tried phosphor bronzes yet in your search, and go with light or extra light, because as you know, the Intercity Talman has a waaaay cool, electric-like, thin neck.

Anonymous

When I removed the strings that shipped on my tcm50 I noticed that they were color coded. After reading your comment I picked up D’Addario Phosphur Bronze and the package stated that the color coded string system was a D’Addario trademark. So, my guess would be that these were what shipped on it originally, I know that they’ve restored my guitar to its former glory. Perhaps Ibanez has some partnership with them.

Anonymous

: : : : Hello to all, : : : : I wanted to know, as owner of an Ibanez Talman TCY-10 (or Intercity), what was the original set strings of this guitar ? : : As I changed several times the set, and never could find the brilliance of the first set I had (I bought several Martin and D’addario sets). Moreover, we don’t have web-coordonnates for Ibanez distributor in France ! 🙁 : : : : With great thanks, : : Stephane : Look, I’m not kidding you here. I had the same guitar and kept the original strings for about a year. The coating discoloured fairly quickly, but the sound was brilliant. I would say they were phosphor-bronze. Nobody knows the brand name, and it could change anytime. Hopefully, you just haven’t tried phosphor bronzes yet in your search, and go with light or extra light, because as you know, the Intercity Talman has a waaaay cool, electric-like, thin neck. As a repairman, I continually deal with this problem. The very best solution I have found is a set of GHS white Bronze TL Accoustic Electric Strings. They balance much better than any Phosphor or plain Bronzewound string made; and with longer life. Any GHS dealer can get them for you.

Anonymous

Hello, not sure if they have traded strings since 2005, but the new (2014) Ibanez Talman acoustic comes new with D’Addario® EXP™11® Coated 80/20 Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauge). I had the same problem, my Talman sounded amazing until I restrung, and so I had to find the originals.

Anonymous

I’ve just bought one of these guitars from a second-hand shop and it didn’t have strings, so thanks for this info! Found them straight away on Amazon (B000EEL7AY) and was able to order them in time to get next day delivery.

Anonymous

Thanks for your help. I will look after a "phosphor bronzes" set now. And indeed I think too it must be light or extra-light one. Thanks again, I hope I will find back soon the "brilliant sound" of the Ibanez ! 🙂 I have also another question : what gives the special set from Martin, called "silk and steel" (ref. M 130) ? It is special strings, and I would like to know more about it! And thanks again for the previous response!

Anonymous

: Thanks for your help. I will look after a "phosphor bronzes" set now. And indeed I think too it must be light or extra-light one. : Thanks again, I hope I will find back soon the "brilliant sound" of the Ibanez ! 🙂 : I have also another question : what gives the special set from Martin, called "silk and steel" (ref. M 130) ? It is special strings, and I would like to know more about it! : And thanks again for the previous response! Silk & Steels are compound wound, or silver plated copper wound strings on a silk wrapped core for a softer feel and lower tension. They are often used on smaller parlour guitars or or nylon strung guitars, where a steel sound is needed. But they are not bright or very loud due to their very light guage. They will also help lessen neck tension and high action on a guitar that has such a problem.

Anonymous

I thank you a lot "Been There". Now I’m waiting for 2 sets of Phosphore Bronze Adamas. I will see the result. I searched long hours into my memory and now I remember that I bought before : – D’addario : that was yet "Phosphore Bronze" strings. The result was not bad. A bit disapointing considering the firts set that was more brilliant, especially on the B and E cord. And I notice that with the D’Addario the B string was really more heavy than the E (too much diffency I thought). Anyway it was quite good set. – But I purchased after that 2 Bronze Martin sets (light and extra light), and the result was… something closed to a saucepan! :-// So I keep faith about the next Adamas set. If not convinced, I will go back to d’Addario that was not so bad – my experience with Martin aifraided my so much that I forgot the not so bad result with D’Addario ! With thanks, 🙂 Stephane

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.