Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Truetone acoustic

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I recently found an old Truetone acoustic sitting in my grandpa’s basement, but it has no indication to what it is besides Truetone in gold on the headstock…

It has a tail piece and black pickguards on both sides of the body’s hollow opening.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Truetone Accoustic Guitar my Brother bought from SearsRobuck sometime around 1953 to 1958.
      I need to have it repaired with hardwear, a bridge and strings. I also need the headnut replaced.
      Does this company still exists and is there anyway to confirm the age of my old guitar?

Anonymous

: I recently found an old Truetone acoustic sitting in my grandpa’s basement, but it has no indication to what it is besides Truetone in gold on the headstock… : It has a tail piece and black pickguards on both sides of the body’s hollow opening. Hello, that sounds about like the one I found in a basement, I saved it from being loaded up to be taken to a burning pile(I’ve saved several instruments from this fate,gibsonette amp,hammond CV, leslie speaker, panther300 combo organ,and this truetone acoustic). Mine is in the case I found it in, it has a little white celuloid pickguard on one side, setup for righthanded players, mine has the gold truetone on headstock as well, the fingerboard looks like it was varnished and is a dark black-brown color,the frets are kinda weird(look squared on ends)the tuning pegs are oversized celuloid, it still had a few strings on it, that I’ve left on it for the time being, I played it with the few strings(one looks like a solid brass wire),The thing sounds like a ukelele, HAHA!, its about the size of a medium sized starter acoustic or a rather large ukelele which might explain the way it sounds.I found no label or serial markings to help Identify it. If anyone has any info on these things let me know something. Thanks, Christian

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.