Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Columbus Les Paul Copy

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi
    I am looking to upgrade this 1970’s Japanese low end of the market guitar, it is a very nice looking black beast with nice white binding. Tuners (3+3) need changing – need to fit 8 mm diameter holes in headstock with about 1 and one eigth inch shaft on the tuner. A new nut would probably help – graphtech?
    Any advice ref Humbuckers? Action high, but no more adjustment in Tune -o – matic type bridge. Has plastic saddles – are these OK or would it be best to change. Smaller bridge than the Gibson.
    The intonation ismiles out and won’t adjust – any reason for that. Strings are very old – could that be a reason. Will fit new strings but I always like to evaluate what I am going to do before I remove old strings.
    Thanks
    Any advice will be welcome

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi 1)I am looking to upgrade this 1970’s Japanese low end of the market guitar. WHY? 2)it is a very nice looking black beast with nice white binding. THE ONLY PART I UNDERSTAND HERE IS ‘BEAST’ 3)Tuners (3+3) need changing – need to fit 8 mm diameter holes in headstock with about 1 and one eigth inch shaft on the tuner. REMOVING THE WORD ‘COLUMBUS’ WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TOO. 4)A new nut would probably help – graphtech? REALLY?? 5)Any advice ref Humbuckers? YEAH GET A LUMP OF MAGNET WRAP IT WITH COPPER WIRE, LASH IT UNDER THE STRINGS USING DUCK TAPE, AND WIRE UP IN THE USUAL WAY. THIS WOULD BE CONSIDERED TO BE AN UPGRADE 6)Action high, but no more adjustment in Tune -o – matic type bridge. NOTHING NEW HERE. 7)Has plastic saddles – are these OK or would it be best to change. SUPRISING IT ACTUALY HAS SADDLES IT MUST BE THE CUSTOM SHOP MODEL. 8)Smaller bridge than the Gibson. PLEASE DONT USE THE NAME GIBSON HERE. 9)The intonation ismiles out and won’t adjust – any reason for that. TRY COLOMBUS 10)Strings are very old – could that be a reason. Will fit new strings but I always like to evaluate what I am going to do before I remove old strings. YOU DONT NEED TO EVALUATE IT, WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A COLUMBUS, DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON STRINGS, THEY WOULD COST MORE THAN THE GUITAR IS WORTH. Any advice will be welcome. NO PROBLEM.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.