Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Ibanez Tubescreamer TS7 or TS9?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

What, beside the 80 bucks, is the diff. between the two? Is it that noticeable for a new guitarist? Would i be wasting my money on the TS7 over the TS9?

Related Article:
    Relay G55 Wireless Guitar System from Line 6

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

ts7 is the classic tube screamer that was launched in the seventies and was discontinued by the early eighties as modern sounding high gain combos became commonplace. it was later replaced by ts9, which was a modern modification of the ts7, with exactly the same features but totally different design both electrically and mechanically. the thing was, and is, the older model with more straight-forward design and old-fashioned electronics simply sounded better, despite some minor reliability issues, so ibanez launched a re-issue of thegood old ts7 but set a significantly higher price for it. i think 80 bucks is too much of a differrence to pay for a new ts7 in comparison to ts9, but i suggest you check out if there’s any used ones available. anton

Anonymous

the one’s in the 70’s were the ts-808, not the ts-7. the ts-7 is the new one, sort of a cheaper version of the ts-9 (which came after the 808, and has been re-issued). My advice would be to get a ts-7 and mod it to ts-808 specs.

Anonymous

I don’t know the difference from experience, but I’ve always heard the best things about the ts9 and the ts 808. I think stevie ray used a TS9, but I’m not sure. Just remember that you won’t always be a new guitarist, and that it’s nice to have good guitar stuff and to start accumulating it early. -Rick

Anonymous

all the difference in the world..i recently purchased an ibanez TS9DX Turbo(which i strongly recommend to anyone who can tell the difference between crap and quality) and i saw the cheaper TS7 as you have..so i put them side by side plugging them up to the same line 6 amp and turned my head and played..my friend who was with me alternated between the two without my seeing and i could easily identify the the TS9DX Turbo over the TS7 as having the better sound..not only does it have a better sound but it also is much better constructed..if nothing else the TS7 just looks cheap

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.