Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Standel 12 string acoustic guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Looking for information on Standel 12 string guitar made in late sixties – Guitar was made by Harptone of New Jersey. Used to have one and want to find another.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a Standel Harptone 12 String model (P-120) with the exact same serial number as Teresa’s. I won the guitar at an auction in January of 2018 and am wondering if this is the same guitar. Teresa, did you sell your guitar using EBTH?

If not and you still have it, can anyone explain why the serial numbers are identical? Factory error?

Anonymous

Hi, I’m trying to find info on a Standel Harptone 12-string, model P-120, Serial 2001-16. Like date or age and value range. It has an adjustable bridge and a dark mahogany colored finish. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

I HAVE A STANDEL HARPTONE 12-STRING GUITAR MODEL # E-12-N THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SELL . IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION EXCEPT FOR SLIGHT DAMAGE TO THE FINISH (MOSTLY ON THE BACK). I’M ASKING $700 OBO. PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF INTERESTED, MY NAME’S RIK.

Anonymous

I have a Standel model L-12N in near perfect condition. I am looking to possibly sell it.

Anonymous

My e-mail is posted above. Let me know what your looking for. I ether have it or may know someone. Thanks

Anonymous

Is there anyone who wants to sell a model? Please let me know…

Anonymous

Old post here. Please contact me via e-mail if you own one. I’ll gladly answer any questions you have. I collect them and also collect photos and serial numbers for a web page data base.
      I run the group page, Standel/ Harptone guitars on Facebook.
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/standelharptone/ Thanks.

Anonymous

I now ownthe one Lwnny was refering to on thecthread. Im looking to sell it. My # is 321-960-1300 and my name is Tim.

Anonymous

I have a 12 string Harptone, serial #2014-41, model # Z-12N. Any idea how old, some info behind it, and maybe some worth?

Anonymous

The Harptone Z12-N was made from apx. 1973 until 1975. The Z denotes the Zodac model. Value is subjective. I’ve bought Eagle and Lark 12 strings over the past two years for $350 to $800, depending on condition. I’ve yet to see a Zodac up for sale. So there’s no sales trend as to its general value.
          I run a Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/standelharptone/, for and about Harptone built guitars. Including those built for Standel, Conn, Yamaki, and Supreme. All are welcome. All questions answered. I also collect.
          I also keep a photo and serial number registry of all Harptone built guitars. The registry should be available on line some time this summer for public viewing.

I can always be found at [email protected]. to submit questions, serial numbers and photos.
          Note. Harptone left no records. Dating Harptones is not always possible. The Standels can be dated. Some of the guitars made after 72 can be dated within two years. 1975 models can be dated. This has been made possible by owners who submitted photos, along with model serial number information to me. The missing gap is for Harptones built between 1968 and 1973. Please help by submitting your info. Thanks.

Anonymous

Please note. I do buy, sell and collect Harptones. Pleas use my e-mail if are looking for one or wish to sell. Thanks again. Eric Sutton

Anonymous

Hello, I have a Standel Harptone 12-string acoustic guitar model # e-12-n. It’s in good condition and am interested in selling it. Please e-mail me if you’re interested. Thank you.

Anonymous

Hello! Do you have one to sell?

Anonymous

I have a 12 string Standel from the late 60s. It has been stored for about 35 years. The top of the neck at the bridge was repaired a long time ago. The case is velvet lined and is in pretty good condition. The guitar has all the hardware but one machine screw to hold together a pin and gear for tightening the string. There are also 4 collars that fit over the top of the tuning pins missing. First, does it have any value and second, is there anyone out there that would like to purchase it? I can provide pictures.
        Regards,
        DRA

Anonymous

The value depends on condition and what someone is willing to pay. Missing parts broken headstock/ neck and or poor repairs can kill the value. Model and trim level may add or subtract value. Not a collectors guitar so value is suspressed. Send me hires pics of it and I’ll look them over. I might make you an offer if I like what I see. Thanks for posting. I can be reached at [email protected].

Anonymous

the Standel was made by Harptone, known mainly as a case maker. the cool headstock is a major rercognizable feature. David Bowie played a jumbo shaped 12 string on the ziggy tour/film, and demo recordings. George Harrison played a few. I have a dreadnaught shaped 12 string with a Harptone logo and a standel logo visible under the paint. Good quality guitar with a solid top and and arched back (similar to Guild’s). A thinline electric with the Harptone headstock just sold for over 1200 bucks…

Anonymous

I own the very same style and make that George H. made famous. It is nice and bright as a maple guitar should be. It doesn’t ahve the bottom that a J-200 has but it is very chimey with big frets. It has a double truss rod which i thought was unusual. Does anyone have more info on this guitar.

bob

Anonymous

Harrison owned 2 Lark Deluxe Artist Harptones which were given to him by Pete Drake on behalf of Harptone. Both 6 and a 12 string versions,( L6-N, L12-N). The 12 string is in privite hands and the 6 string is om display at the New York Hard Rock Cafe. He also used The Folkmaster and The Ringo Starr models on tour. F6-N and RS6-N. The RS6-N is the same size specs as a Gibson J200 with the exception of the Harptone has laminated tone woods for its back and sides.

Anonymous

how much wold you pay for one?

: Looking for information on Standel 12 string guitar made in late sixties – Guitar was made by Harptone of New Jersey. Used to have one and want to find another.

Anonymous

Harptone, best known for their line of musical instrument cases, sold their guitar manufacturing tooling to the Statler Brothers in 1974 or so. The Statler Brothers were planning to produce and distribute them as, "Diamond T" guitars, from their location in Staunton, VA, however after showing some of them at the NAMM show for music dealers, the product line did not significantly make it to the market place. Years later, on their popular TNN television show, they did not even play them.

Anonymous

Larry Sturgell, Nephew of Dave Sturgell, bought Harptone in 1975. He formed The Diamond-S guitar company and produced Harptones until 1980. The NAMM remark is false. The TNN remark is true as The Statler Bro’s never played Harptone guitars. For more information on Harptone, Standel and Supreme guitars, please visit- https://www.facebook.com/groups/standelharptone/

Anonymous

Three thing3 to correct.in 1975.
        1, Harptone was sold to The Sturgiall Bros. The new company was called Diamond-S and located in Independence Va. not Diamond-T. Not located in Staunton Va.

2, The Statler Bros. never had anything to do with Harptone, or Diamond-S.
        3, The poster was given poor info or made up his post. The Namn show line is false, of couese the Statler Bros. didn’t play Harptones on their TV show. They never played Harptone guitars.

Anonymous

: Harptone, best known for their line of musical instrument cases, sold their guitar manufacturing tooling to the Statler Brothers in 1974 or so. The Statler Brothers were planning to produce and distribute them as, "Diamond T" guitars, from their location in Staunton, VA, however after showing some of them at the NAMM show for music dealers, the product line did not significantly make it to the market place. Years later, on their popular TNN television show, they did not even play them.

Anonymous

Hi i have a 12 string harptone guitar made in usa in newark new jersey model number is L-12 nc serial number is 2034-27 any body know what yearit was made and what it cost and what its worth now its in real good shape Thanks Lenny.

Anonymous

Hi. I now own that same guitar. Were you ever able to find out anything about this guitar? I’m selling it and I’m trying to find out those same questions. Thank you. Tim. My phone # is 321-960-1300 if you wish to call.

Anonymous

: Looking for information on Standel 12 string guitar made in late sixties – Guitar was made by Harptone of New Jersey. Used to have one and want to find another.

Contact Standel:

http://www.RequisiteAudio.com/standel.html

Anonymous

: : Looking for information on Standel 12 string guitar made in late sixties – Guitar was made by Harptone of New Jersey. Used to have one and want to find another. : Contact Standel: : http://www.RequisiteAudio.com/standel.html

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.