Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Thin Picks, Thick picks? Sweep picking.

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Firstly, is there anybody out there who has tabbed out the solo of Muffin man by Frank Zappa? Also I have got to grips with sweep picking, but would like a few tips in this area ie some 70’s guitarist rigidy keep the first two fingers on their pick & the other two fingers on the scratch plate in order to create a pivot, is this a good idea? Also how do you still keep your melody or lead style alive when sweeping, I find it sounds flash but it’s difficult to make is sound emotional. Plus with so many picks available which do you think is the best & why. Plus what do you use. I have been told so many stories like don’t use a thick pick or you will never be able to use a thin etc. I use a dunlop 2.0mm which is quite thick & it did take a fair while before I could get certain strumming patterns ie long train running, lost in music etc. I would greatly appreciate any advice with picks, simply because most of the older guitarists who I have met always tell me that they never had the effects we have today, & they altered their tone with their picking style.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Dude. You are a high monkey. Next time, have your spliff AFTER you post your questions.

p.s. I use medium picks for strumming-intensive music and a hard pick for picking-intensive mustic.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.