Thin Picks, Thick picks? Sweep picking.

Posted by Phil G on Tue, 02/20/01 - 20:59:33.

Firstly, is there anybody out there who has tabbed out the solo of Muffin man by Frank Zappa? Also I have got to grips with sweep picking, but would like a few tips in this area ie some 70's guitarist rigidy keep the first two fingers on their pick & the other two fingers on the scratch plate in order to create a pivot, is this a good idea? Also how do you still keep your melody or lead style alive when sweeping, I find it sounds flash but it's difficult to make is sound emotional. Plus with so many picks available which do you think is the best & why. Plus what do you use. I have been told so many stories like don't use a thick pick or you will never be able to use a thin etc. I use a dunlop 2.0mm which is quite thick & it did take a fair while before I could get certain strumming patterns ie long train running, lost in music etc. I would greatly appreciate any advice with picks, simply because most of the older guitarists who I have met always tell me that they never had the effects we have today, & they altered their tone with their picking style.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Thin Picks, Thick picks? Sweep picking.

Dude. You are a high monkey. Next time, have your spliff AFTER you post your questions.

p.s. I use medium picks for strumming-intensive music and a hard pick for picking-intensive mustic.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.