Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Where is he now?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone know what Dave Yorko of Johnny and The Hurricanes is doing these days. He played an ES355TDC and I feel that he was at least 10years ahead of the nucleus of that era. I do hope that this is the proper website to ask such questions. Thanks.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

​I played lead guitar for Johnny and the Hurricanes during the Beatles era.
      I have uploaded a lot of former Johnny and the Hurricanes photos and links at this blog site.
      https://imoneofthe3002020.wordpress.com/

Anonymous

R ock In P erpetuity.

Anonymous

​I played lead guitar for Johnny and the Hurricanes during the Beatles era.
        I have uploaded a lot of former Johnny and the Hurricanes photos and links at this blog site.
        https://imoneofthe300.wordpress.com/

Anonymous

Dave Yorko Passing
      H e passed away on Feb 18, 2017..I live in Toledo Oh and saw the obiyuary in the newspaper. There is to be a funeral and burial in Rossford, OH.
      Hope this info helped.

Anonymous

Dave Yorko passed away on February,
      17, 2017 in Rossford, Ohio. Dave was
      Going on 76 years old.

Anonymous

Dave York died today, February 17, 2017.

Anonymous

Rossford, Ohio sources stating
      Dave Yorko passed away today,
      February 17, 2017. RIP Dave.

Jimmy Reiter.

Anonymous

Soon, a new zine will be out focusing on Johnny and the Hurricanes II. Some good stories in there.
      Dave Yorko tells us about some of his days with Johnny.
      http://www.pipelinemag.co.uk/

Anonymous

I just talked to Dave Yorko on the phone. He is alive and ell in Toledo, Ohio, where I am from. He was my idol in 1961 when I started playing the guitar. I learned rock and roll licks from his Johnny and the Hurricanes album. I finally got to meet him in 2002 at a DooWop concert in Toledo. We rehearsed together in a garage in Point Place, Ohio a couple of times and then ROCKED our butts off at the Stranahan Theater near Toledo. Dave is a nice guy who is still working a regular 40 hour job. He seems sincere and finds joy in being remembered for his talent. You can see more here about the Hurricanes history. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ImOneofthe300/

Anonymous

I was just alerted this morning.

Anonymous

: Does anyone know what Dave Yorko of Johnny and The Hurricanes is doing these days. He played an ES355TDC and I feel that he was at least 10years ahead of the nucleus of that era. I do hope that this is the proper website to ask such questions. Thanks. The last time I saw Dave’s name mentioned was in a listing of all the current addresses for the Rossford (Ohio) High School class of 1961. The listing is 1991 vintage, and still shows him in the home he grew up in. Not sure why he was in the listing, because he quit high school in 1959, about 30 seconds after turning age 16 when he could legally quit, and the next day drove by the school in his new, white 1959 Pontiac Bonneville convertible. It was a relatively small school, maybe 350 students in the top four grades, and we all knew each other. The rest of the band, Johnny, Paul and Don, were all class of 1958.

Anonymous

:Hi

i don’t know where all the Hurricanes are…i do know that my father, Gerald W. Pynckel(le) played electric
      guitar for the group and he lives in Illinois…the rest are in Germany a lot last I heard.

Cheers,
      April

Anonymous

: Russ,
      I highly recommend that you check out VoxTalks.com.
      It is a forum for Vox people, but since Johnny and the Hurricanes were early 60’s, someone can help you out.
      If he’s ou there, these guys will know where.

Anonymous

I heard on a reliable oldies radio station that he passed away 3 days ago. Today is Friday Feb. 24/17

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.