Tremolo Troubles

I'm working on a 1986 Jackson/Charvel Model 3 HSS..the Kahler tremolo
is worn out/missing parts..can I put a Floyd Rose on it..or will I have a problem with the post spacing! I do not like the Kahlers..any ideas on what will fit on the existing posts??

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Usually Floyd Rose Vibratos have to be sunk into the top of your guitar so routing may be necessary.

Just measure the posts and then get specs from various vibrato manufacturers. I use Wilkenson vibratos (Improperly called trems due to Leo Fenders insistance in not getting it right) and they fit easily on a good many guitars with pre drilled post holes.

The spacing is a bit different on some units, but that shouldn't be a big deal. If you are still above the pole pieces of your pickups. The Wilkenson has one end used for centering, and the other is a flat bar that doesn't have to have any particularly located post. Go to Sweetwater to see what they have to offer. A good many after market stores carry many versions of Vibratos. Warmoth and Stewmac are a couple of others to try.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.