Guitarsite Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – May, 2002 Re: How do you “hammer” when you play the guitar?


These are Hammer-ons and pull-offs It just means that rather than pick the note, you either hammer your finger to the fretboard at the # specified, or pulloff the previous note to the new fret # specified without picking.