• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just picked up a nice Black Gibson SG (USA) from a Pawn Shop. The serial #92028358 I don’t know what year it is? It has pearl tuners and a dotted fret neck not the pearl enlays. Plays beautifully, just curious what year it might be? I am thinking form the 90’s? Any help would be apreciated.

Related Article:
    The Gibson SG made the Best Metal Guitar List!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

its a 92 model, if it has no binding on the neck, and open pickups (no metal covers) then its an SG special, if its got the metal covers on the pickups and binding on the neck its a SG Standard, and binding on the headstock as well as 3 pickups its a custom, and if its got a long vibrola lyre tremelo tailpeice then i want to buy it!!!

Anonymous

Well, It has two pickups with the metal covers. Also the binding on the neck is dark wood like the fretboard. So I guess it is a "Standard"? I guess I did good, I paid $300 for it with hard case. I have a 78′ Les Paul Custom "Black Beauty" and this SG sounds way Hotter and Snappier! A ton lighter too! Thanks for helping me! Eric Scrappy1

Anonymous

that guitar in the UK would cost at least £600 around a $1000, you did very good. I have a small collection of guitars and when i go out and gig i always take the SG, it has that killer tone, and the tone between the different pickup selections is awesome, SG is way underated, but a lot of people are switching on to them, which cant be bad.

Anonymous

I know what you mean about the tone! It is a sweet sounding guitar. Now when I play AC/DC songs, It all makes since! Very Hot Pickups! Thanks for the help and for letting me know I spent well! I will enjoy this one for a while! Eric

Anonymous

: I just picked up a nice Black Gibson SG (USA) from a Pawn Shop. The serial #92028358 I don’t know what year it is? It has pearl tuners and a dotted fret neck not the big pearl enlays. Plays beautifully, just curious what year it might be? I am thinking form the 90’s? Any help would be apreciated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.