Re: Alvarez Model 5011??

Advertisement
Posted by krfl on Fri, 04/02/04 - 22:14:01.

: Anyone have any info on an Alvarez Model 5011 guitar? Inside the sound hole, it says that it is a L.E.H. Guitar, Model 5011, Made in Korea. It looks just like the Alvarez classical guitars, but it has steel strings and was originally sold that way when purchased new in 1980. Any insights?
: ---------------------------------------------
: Sorry for the duplicate post, I just wanted the subject to read "Alvarez 5011" in case someone knows about that guitar and has not heard of L.E.H. Guitar. I guess they sold this under different names?

i own an alvarez 5011, it must be at least 25 years old
it is a nylon string classical guitar, made in japan. one of the best sounding guitars ive ever owned, great volume ,rosewood back and sides, spruce or ceder top, great guitar......be aware, if it is a classical guitar designed for lower tension nylon strings and has had steel strings put on it, the neck and tail peice can be seriously warped or ruined.... steel string guitars have a " truss " rod
a steel post that runs the whole neck of the guitar. you will be able to tell, if it has a plastic cover in between the strings on the head stock......... ilove mine and have also been searching for history

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez Model 5011??

I also own an Alvarez 5011 classical guitar. I purchased it used for $30 in 1971. It has a beautiful tone and I enjoy it very much. My much more accomplished muscian friends give it very high marks. I would like to get more history - any info out there?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.