Re: Aria model A 551 B classical guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Peter Fath on Sat, 06/12/10 - 06:06:02.

: : I have an Aria classical guitar I bought new in San Francisco in early 1969. I paid $65.00 and it came with a hardshell (wooden) case. It is model A551 and SN is 08128. Not in very good shape after all these years, but still has great tone. Doesn't seem to be much info about these old guitars. Would be interested in any history or current value.

: : : : : I have a Aria Model A551B that I bought about 1970/71 for about $100. I was told that it was about 10 years old at the time. Mine has a serial number of 06046. The sound on it is fantastic. The Aria archive page doesn't provide information on models this old. I would like more information on it also.

: : : : I have too a guitar aria model a551b. i call from italy. my s.n. is 15197 and i don't know what is its actual price.

: : : : I have one i bought about 3 years ago at a yard sale for $35

: I purchased My Aria A551 s/n 00710 from a pawn shop for $100.00 back in 1994. It must be considerably older than I thought by the serial number. I figured late 60's early 70's. Made in Japan. Anyone found more information on this model?

Hi, I have a Aria Model 551 Serial No. 344 and i bought it new in a shop in Germany at 1974 and i payed around 125 € at this time, that's all i can tell, and it's still in a very good condition, because barely played after the 70s Peter

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Aria model no.a 551b

I picked up one of these at a pawn store as well.I paid $300.00 dollars for it and a soundhole pickup.I`m just now putting new strings on as the old ones were dead.it was labelled as being produced in the early 60`s.I thought it may be a bit pricey but the playability was just too exciting for me to pass up.I`ll keep you posted.I think it`s a beautiful classical guitar.

aria

i have such a modell, bought in the 80 ies, still today i am happy with my oldie...in the meanwhile i tested so manny guitars,

and found better ones only for much much more money....i recommend therfore these serials

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.