Re: Kay Model #K570

Advertisement
Posted by Mike Cote on Mon, 02/11/08 - 18:19:48.

: I think I may have a guitar like this too. Mine is an acoustic(the body being approximately the size of a Martin D-18) with sort of a vine engraving on the back. The label inside is hard to read but what I can read says "Model No. K 570" and then there is some kind of number beneath that but I can't make it out. Here is the confusing part, the peghead is shaped like a Galagher guitar and it has "Kalamazoo" INLAID in the peghead! I have checked with George Gruhn and also with Gibson's acoustic guitar expert, Walter Carter and neither one can identify it. I have pictures, if anyone would care to take a shot at identifying it. Also, I would like to sell it, if I could find out what it is worth.

: Thanks

: : Its hard to say without seeing the guitar.
: : Maybe you can send some photo's of the guitar.

: : Greetz Paul

:
: : : I have come across a Kay model K570. It is a nice sounding acoustic with engravings on the back. Can anyone give me the approximate age of the instrument?

I have a K570 Ser #131176. It is in good shape and I am in the process of having the x-brace repaired, the bridge replaced, nut replaced and general set up. I like the engraving on the back and I am hoping to get it back this week to give it a test run. It is definitely a student low end guitar with a laminated top very basic three in one tuning machine heads and unbound body. Would like to be able to date it. I know the original Kay company went out of business and the name was taken over by a foreign company in 1968. Curious if it is pre 1968.

Mike Cote
Plymouth, MA

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kay Model #K570

: : I think I may have a guitar like this too. Mine is an acoustic(the body being approximately the size of a Martin D-18) with sort of a vine engraving on the back. The label inside is hard to read but what I can read says "Model No. K 570" and then there is some kind of number beneath that but I can't make it out. Here is the confusing part, the peghead is shaped like a Galagher guitar and it has "Kalamazoo" INLAID in the peghead! I have checked with George Gruhn and also with Gibson's acoustic guitar expert, Walter Carter and neither one can identify it. I have pictures, if anyone would care to take a shot at identifying it. Also, I would like to sell it, if I could find out what it is worth.

: : Thanks

: : : Its hard to say without seeing the guitar.
: : : Maybe you can send some photo's of the guitar.

: : : Greetz Paul

: :
: : : : I have come across a Kay model K570. It is a nice sounding acoustic with engravings on the back. Can anyone give me the approximate age of the instrument?

: I have a K570 Ser #131176. It is in good shape and I am in the process of having the x-brace repaired, the bridge replaced, nut replaced and general set up. I like the engraving on the back and I am hoping to get it back this week to give it a test run. It is definitely a student low end guitar with a laminated top very basic three in one tuning machine heads and unbound body. Would like to be able to date it. I know the original Kay company went out of business and the name was taken over by a foreign company in 1968. Curious if it is pre 1968.

: Mike Cote
: Plymouth, MA

Danielle, Jax Fl

I have this same guitar. Found it on a roadside garbage heap... It looks and plays beautifully. I am curious as to its origin. I have been researching online to no avail?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.