Re: model KDG 77 with AWESOME case

Advertisement
Posted by Mike Cabot on Thu, 01/13/11 - 10:23:54.

: : : Can anyone tell me a little about my guitar, 1977, made in Japan, model KDG 77 Original case AWESOME, all blue with large orange Kay logo across the front. I have had massive interest in the case but no offers were made as I wasn't selling. Would love to know the worth of both.

: : i dont think that they are worth very much. i have one too

: I have one too, black case, yellow stripes and big yellow "Kay". What I have learned was that Kay generally made inexpensive instruments for schools. They did make a few nicer instruments but generally the company was more a mass produced biz model. I've had mine since the mid 70s. It's very solid, slightly hard to play for beginners but it made my hand strong. It takes a lot of effort to get it to go out of tune.

Can anyone tell me what woods were used on it(back and sides)Is it some time of rosewood?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.