Re: applause by ovation guitar model # AE36

Advertisement
Posted by Jim Chandler on Mon, 02/26/07 - 14:49:51.

: Does anyone Know anything about this guitar? Its an acoustic-electric,Model # AE36. I would like to know what year it is and what its worth. Any help would be great.

Hi. I bought an Applause AE-36 brand new with a hardcase from a dealership in 1988. The price then was about $200. It's an okay guitar, holds a tune well, but not the greatest sound. Sometimes it can be a bit twangy. The worth of your guitar depends entirely on the condition. Mine is in almost mint condition today, but I don't think I could sell it fo any more than $100. I've seen too many less expensive acoustics with better sound than this on puts out, but the peizo electronics help keep it's price.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

wiring diagram for Applause AE36 12 string

Hello anyone, I recently purchased an Applause 12 string sight unseen. Unfortunately when it arrived all the wiring inside had been cut. The nut had been broken and the saddle was missing. Okay so everything is fixed except the wiring. I cannot find anything about the wiring on line it is a passive system (no battery). Any considerations on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Louie:>) Please email scrootertrash@att.net

Re: applause by ovation guitar model # AE36

: : Does anyone Know anything about this guitar? Its an acoustic-electric,Model # AE36. I would like to know what year it is and what its worth. Any help would be great.

:

My daddy's one is made in 1978 (By serial #) I think it is a great guitar. The eletric sound is a little crappy, but I an forgive that, beause the tehnology is so old.
: Hi. I bought an Applause AE-36 brand new with a hardcase from a dealership in 1988. The price then was about $200. It's an okay guitar, holds a tune well, but not the greatest sound. Sometimes it can be a bit twangy. The worth of your guitar depends entirely on the condition. Mine is in almost mint condition today, but I don't think I could sell it fo any more than $100. I've seen too many less expensive acoustics with better sound than this on puts out, but the peizo electronics help keep it's price.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.