Re: fender super showman

Advertisement
Posted by Steve Szirotnyak on Mon, 08/01/05 - 10:25:58.

Jon, I have a Super Showman head and one XL1000 Powered Speaker cabinet loaded with eight 10" speakers. I also have original covers, footswitches and cables for the amp. I paid $300 for everything. The head is just a multi-channel SS preamp with all sorts of bad effects in it, including reverb, tremelo, a really pathetic fuzz, and a built-in Dimension IV canister intended to simulate a Leslie effect. Two 70 watt SS amplifiers are located at the top of the cabinet for a total of 140W. This is one LOUD rig. The built-in fuzz is useless, and without it what you've got is a totally clean and harsh-sounding amp, but for some reason it responds very, very well to a cheap Dano Daddy-O. I have used the amp for several shows at medium-sized clubs over the past ten years, and it hasn't given me any trouble, though they have a HORRIBLE reputation for unreliability. Everyone derides them for being total garbage, yet this amp is 35 years old and still kicking it out. At shows, other guitarists can't believe that a) it's still working, and b) it's Solid State. It is a rather imposing sight on stage. And yes, Jan Akkerman used a Super Showman with two XL2000 4x12 Powered Speaker cabs.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: fender super showman

Steve, it's BJ! (yes, that BJ). Forshey just gave back MY Super Showman head, and I think you should know that for some types of music, the Fuzz is GREAT. Very tweaked-out Iassac Hayes style stuff.
Hey, is that the Sheet's old S-Showman?

: Jon, I have a Super Showman head and one XL1000 Powered Speaker cabinet loaded with eight 10" speakers. I also have original covers, footswitches and cables for the amp. I paid $300 for everything. The head is just a multi-channel SS preamp with all sorts of bad effects in it, including reverb, tremelo, a really pathetic fuzz, and a built-in Dimension IV canister intended to simulate a Leslie effect. Two 70 watt SS amplifiers are located at the top of the cabinet for a total of 140W. This is one LOUD rig. The built-in fuzz is useless, and without it what you've got is a totally clean and harsh-sounding amp, but for some reason it responds very, very well to a cheap Dano Daddy-O. I have used the amp for several shows at medium-sized clubs over the past ten years, and it hasn't given me any trouble, though they have a HORRIBLE reputation for unreliability. Everyone derides them for being total garbage, yet this amp is 35 years old and still kicking it out. At shows, other guitarists can't believe that a) it's still working, and b) it's Solid State. It is a rather imposing sight on stage. And yes, Jan Akkerman used a Super Showman with two XL2000 4x12 Powered Speaker cabs.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.