Re: kimbara acoustic guitar No way!......I have model number 29

Advertisement
Posted by jamesetheridge on Mon, 04/04/11 - 10:27:12.

: : : : Hi i was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about kimbara
: : : : accoustic guitars just came across one, it was made in korea
: : : : and it has square shaped pearl insets on the frets,
: : : : it also has the pearl trim the whole way round the edge of the guitar
: : : : and going up the back of the guitar in a V shape .
: : : : the label on the inside of the guitar says KIMBARA specially made for
: : : : FCN.england model no. 8/Y
: : : : I would appreciate any information about it .

: : : Hullo,

: : : I have a Kimbara acoustic guitar that I bought in approx. 1975 for about £36. The label reads: "Kimbara, specially made in Japan for FCN London. Model no. 169 Serial no. 46118" The design is essentially plain but with a mosaic design around the sound hole.

: : : I am trying to get a value for it so that I can sell it.

: : I bought my kimbara model 71 back in the mid 70's whilst comparing it with a guild that cost four times as much and sounded only marginally better. if you want to sell," wizzard guitars" in Doncaster England buy vintage guitars and I've seen Kimbaras on their wanted sheet.... But with good strings, you'll not better it on sound or price, and its vintage.

:
: Hello...... i too have a Kimbara Guitar with the same info...ie made especially for london fcn... model number 30....can anyone tell me whether this is guitar shape/design or number made?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Japanese built Kimbara accoustic guitar - model 8/Y

I've been given a Japanese-built Kimbara 8/Y (Serial No. 10618). It appears that this may have been built in the late 70's/early 80's. It's a beautiful guitar and its tone is wonderful. Can anyone shed any further light on this? I know that it's in the upper end of the Kimbara market, but wondered if anyone is aware of its actual value?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.