Re: NOVELTY SONG FROM 1979 (OR EARLIER)

Advertisement
Posted by Dennis on Sun, 12/17/06 - 08:47:34.

: This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

I am also looking for it & have spent alot ot time searching. I have found a mention of it on Pat Robertson's website referring to Moose Jackson as the artist, & another website that said Steve Barta sang it. Even the full lyrics would be better than nothing. I heard it on an album at someone's home I was staying at in Fremont, CA in the summer of 1978

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

walkin's sinai piano chords

May I know where can we find the piano chords? Need it for Church service worship. thanks.

Walkin' Sinai

Walkin' Sinai, also known at "Take Another Lap" was written in 1976 by Al Poirier. I have it in a book entitled Songs for One or Two,, 100 Sacred Solos and Duets New and Favorite published by Lillenas.

Re:Novelty song fron 1979(or earlier)

Go to Dan Whittemores website. He has it available their. Although not the chords. I am happy to say our family still has his LP from Ca in the 70's. Still one of my favorite songs, fun but a great message for anyone at any age or any stage in their christian walk.

NOVELTY SONG FROM 1979 (OR EARLIER)

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: NOVELTY SONG FROM 1979 (OR EARLIER)

: : This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

: I am also looking for it & have spent alot ot time searching. I have found a mention of it on Pat Robertson's website referring to Moose Jackson as the artist, & another website that said Steve Barta sang it. Even the full lyrics would be better than nothing. I heard it on an album at someone's home I was staying at in Fremont, CA in the summer of 1978

I just happened by this site and thought I would add alittle. I Recorded this song in the 70's. Go to my website and read the story about how the song came to be... We are in the process of converting the LP to CD format. God bless you, www.danwhittemore.com

: : This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

: I am also looking for it & have spent alot ot time searching. I have found a mention of it on Pat Robertson's website referring to Moose Jackson as the artist, & another website that said Steve Barta sang it. Even the full lyrics would be better than nothing. I heard it on an album at someone's home I was staying at in Fremont, CA in the summer of 1978.

Published 1976 and 1984 by Lillenas Publishing Co. It is CCLI No. 158961 and is in page 36 in Lift up a Song 15 arrangements for contemporary choir by Joseph Linn. Someone just gave me a copy of the book. I am a church choir director and like the song too. Now if we can find a recording of it so I can teach it to the choir.
Rose

i think this song is WALKIN SINAI

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Christian-Music-2785/70-Christian-Song.htm

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.