Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Ibanez 2027 xvv 7string Prestige

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Need to know what the best preforming neck and bridge pickups I NEED? he stock hummers are weeeeek

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

thanks Opeth

Anonymous

I bought a "Dimarzio Blaze7 Neck" pickup and installed in the bridge position of my RG2027X (supposedly that’s the way Korn uses it), the sound is very similar to the v8-7, but it’s less saturated and clearer so you can get much smoother distorted sounds with a nice "bite"… you can get the DT "Awake" tone easily!

Plus, it’s 4 conductor, so you can do interesting configs with the two-pole 5-position switch. I wondered why the factory config for the 5 positions was so lame, and it’s because that shitty v8-7 is 2 conductor!! rewire that switch and you’ll get some really cool single-coil sounds from the v7-7 brigde pickup (that one IS 4 counductor)… that switch is not easy to wire though! (…still have to work more on mine).

The Blaze is still a bit muddy for trash riffing (Older Metallica/Megadeth), but I’ve got a Jackson Kelly with EMG 81’s for that! plus, it’s nowhere as bad as the V8-7… you can compensate with some post-distortion EQ, and you can still get natural, colorful low-overdrive tones that are hard to get with active pickups.

I still haven’t decided if I’ll change the bridge pickup, as the v7-7 is quite fine… maybe if someday Dimarzio makes an Air Norton 7!

By the way, I think Korn is a very bad band with a very cool guitar sound…

Anonymous

i don’t know how to install my new dimarzio blaze custom and evil7 so i took it to a repair place and they’re stumped ….they need a wiring diagram and the ibanez site only goes up to 1999 the 2027 is a 2000 so if anyone can give me a hand with this wonderful guitar i would greatly appreciate it…thanks in advance …….opeth kicks ass…. : I bought a "Dimarzio Blaze7 Neck" pickup and installed in the bridge position of my RG2027X (supposedly that’s the way Korn uses it), the sound is very similar to the v8-7, but it’s less saturated and clearer so you can get much smoother distorted sounds with a nice "bite"… you can get the DT "Awake" tone easily! : Plus, it’s 4 conductor, so you can do interesting configs with the two-pole 5-position switch. I wondered why the factory config for the 5 positions was so lame, and it’s because that shitty v8-7 is 2 conductor!! rewire that switch and you’ll get some really cool single-coil sounds from the v7-7 brigde pickup (that one IS 4 counductor)… that switch is not easy to wire though! (…still have to work more on mine). : The Blaze is still a bit muddy for trash riffing (Older Metallica/Megadeth), but I’ve got a Jackson Kelly with EMG 81’s for that! plus, it’s nowhere as bad as the V8-7… you can compensate with some post-distortion EQ, and you can still get natural, colorful low-overdrive tones that are hard to get with active pickups. : I still haven’t decided if I’ll change the bridge pickup, as the v7-7 is quite fine… maybe if someday Dimarzio makes an Air Norton 7! : By the way, I think Korn is a very bad band with a very cool guitar sound…

Anonymous

I don’t like the stock Ibanez v7/v8 pickups either; too much mids and bass, palm muted riffs sound muddy and oversaturated. It’s very hard to get a good heavy metal distortion with "bite". I’m sure the EMG 707’s would be much better for very heavy distortion, but I’m looking for something more versatile, maybe Dimarzio PAFs or Duncan JBs? at least those have less mids!

I’ll keep looking. Maybe someone else can help us?

Good luck!

Anonymous

Here’s an idea. Hit the Guitarelectronics.com web site & look at the diagrams & suggestions for changing the TONE of your Guitar & or installing a trebble blead circuit. It’s amazing what a simple change of a Capacitor. or the Kohm rating of the POTS can make.. You can do some amazing things to custom taylor the sound of your guitar to any way you like it.. Without spending money on PICKUPS only to find out you’ve got the same sound or worse…

Anonymous

: Need to know what the best preforming neck and bridge pickups are? The stock hummers are weeeeek.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.