Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Vox Cambridge 15

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 21 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Im thinking of getting a Vox Cambridge 15 and Im interested in opinions of it. For anyone who isnt familiar with it, its a 15 watt hybrid that has a preamp tube. What do you all think of that? Will it color the sound some. Any advice or suggestins or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I bought one of these at music-go-round and I love it. I think the tube does ad a lot. You may dissagree but I think it sounds awesome for a $179 new amp and I can get a great "Hendrix" sound out of it. : Im thinking of getting a Vox Cambridge 15 and Im interested in opinions of it. For anyone who isnt familiar with it, its a 15 watt hybrid that has a preamp tube. What do you all think of that? Will it color the sound some. Any advice or suggestins or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

I recently purchased one on ebay, it sounds good for about five minute and then for no reason it becomes very bass or muddy sounding and you loose most of your high end sound. It also is alot more painful on my ears than my vox pathfinder, which is non tube.

Anonymous

I almost baought a cambridge 30 but didn’t here is why. They look nice and are a lot cheaper than the ac series but the are really cheaply made. They do sound kinda cool but are basically just cool looking over priced practice amps. If you want a practice amp then I would say yeah why not get it, but if you want somthing that sounds really good and has a little balls for the same price, look for somthing eles. The cambrige is much like the Marshall valvestate, in fact it is the same thing with a vox logo on it. (overrated). still not bad for a practice amp. I hope that helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.