Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics TAMA Acoustic guitars

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

TAMA ACOUSTIC GUITARS. Can anyone enlighten me about Tama 1970’s acoustic guitars. I own a Martin D45 (TAMA) replica and was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Ta

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have owned a Tama 12 string guitar that I bought new in 1979.

Serial No: 71202056
      Model No: TG-80-12.

I mainly use it as a 6 string it is in excellent condition and sounds better the older it gets.
      Still in original case.
      I am considering selling it at the right price.

Any Offers?

Anonymous

: TAMA ACOUSTIC GUITARS. Can anyone enlighten me about Tama 1970’s acoustic guitars. I own a Martin D45 (TAMA) replica and was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Ta

Anonymous

I own one of those also and was just doing a little research myself. From some pictures I found it looks like a model 3566 (see "http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.jufschlag/3566.html". I purchased the guitar in 78 or 79 new from a music store in Colorado. Have you found any more information? thanks, : : TAMA ACOUSTIC GUITARS. Can anyone enlighten me about Tama 1970’s acoustic guitars. I own a Martin D45 (TAMA) replica and was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Ta

Anonymous

Correction, web site is "http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.hufschlag/3566.html". : I own one of those also and was just doing a little research myself. From some pictures I found it looks like a model 3566 (see "http://home.t-online.de/home/pjs.jufschlag/3566.html". I purchased the guitar in 78 or 79 new from a music store in Colorado. Have you found any more information? thanks, : : : TAMA ACOUSTIC GUITARS. Can anyone enlighten me about Tama 1970’s acoustic guitars. I own a Martin D45 (TAMA) replica and was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Ta

Anonymous

I just ran across one of these myself. It is a beautiful instrument. The Brazilian rosewood is a fine touch. Unfortunately it is only a laminate and paper thin at that. These guitars have the same body warping problem that their martin counterparts have when left strung for too long. A mint condition d45 copy would probably go for about $500. On the other hand; rumor has it that Tama also made d45 copies in 1976 which did have a a solid brazilian rosewood body. find one of these and it could be worth upwards of 10 g’s. I am also curious about old Tama guitars. If anybody has any information on what to look out for, please let me know.

Anonymous

: TAMA ACOUSTIC GUITARS. Can anyone enlighten me about Tama 1970’s acoustic guitars. I own a Martin D45 (TAMA) replica and was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Ta dave ,cant help you much other than to say i owned one too!it had a honey blonde soundboard with cream binding,the sides of the fingerboard were also cream binding and also around the headstock.it had gold machine heads,and it was a great guitar.i bought mine in perth western australia,i sold it in the late seventies,with regret and havnt seen another since,good luck,keep pickin’brian kenna melb australia

Anonymous

:I have owned a similar guitar for several years, a heavy guitar extremely well made with an engleman spruce top, fake abalone around the top but a very big sound to the guitar. I paid two hundred and fifty canadian for mine, kept it for five years and sold it for the same, including case. TAMA ACOUSTIC GUITARS. Can anyone enlighten me about Tama 1970’s acoustic guitars. I own a Martin D45 (TAMA) replica and was wondering if anyone had any info on them. Ta

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.