Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Ovation 1624

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I love my Ovation Classical Acoustic/Electric guitar. Unfortunately, one of my kids dropped it and the neck broke at the top!! I’ve searched the internet for a replacement neck and haven’t had any luck. The guitar repairman says the model is over 20 years old and he can’t get the part either. Anybody out there know anything about a replacement part for my "baby"?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

My misfurtune may be your fortune. I, too, have a vintage 1624 that is damaged, only it is the body of my guitar that is ruined. The guitar is basically totalled — no value now except for its parts. My soon-to-be ex-wife smashed it against our hardwood floors, its Lyrachord bowl is multiple large cracks and the face has become disconnected from the bowl. A complete loss. The good thing for you is that the neck is in perfect condition. You may think this is silly but actually cried. I also considered my 1624 my "baby." It was the first guitar I ever owned; and my "wife" just smashed it like it meant nothing. A true Sociopath. I would, however, be agreeable to donate my baby’s organs so that your baby my live on. I do have to keep it for a little while for evidentiary purposes. But when the court case is over, I certainly would feel much better to know that my 1624 is going some place better than a trash can. Assuming you still need it, what price do you propose? Todd

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.