does anyone know anything about the sovtek mig50h

Posted by wes on Thu, 05/31/01 - 11:17:48.

i need to know some more about the sovtek mig50h. i would like to know any online site that retails them. and i would like to know some more info about them.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: does anyone know anything about the sovtek mig50h

www.musiciansfriend.com used to carry them, But I haven't checked in a while. They are some killer amps , sounds like a cross between a marshall and an old Ampeg. Great tone and bang for the buck.

Re: does anyone know anything about the sovtek mig50h

I own one. After I bought it on ebay, I replaced the mismatched preamp tubes with some Mesa Boogie 12ax7's. Now the thing screams! Plenty of volume to play over my double bass drummer. Tone is good but a little muddy for muted picking. Open chords sing. Great for punk rock or hard rock. I use a Peavey Rockmaster 3 channel tube preamp through the low imput and I can say that I am impressed with the overall sound. Great deal for the money. Check ebay periodically, there were 3 or 4 for sale last week (June '03). Good luck.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.