Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics takamine F360S

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a pretty clean Takamine F360S from 1979. It is one of the old Martin ripoffs (pre-lawsuit). It has a few minor dings and scratches. It sound great and the neck is sweet.

Any idea what it might be worth??

Ken

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

i just got one from an online estate sale.

Paid $500 for it.

I didnt realize until i got home that it had a 6″ center seam separation.

hopefully this doesnt cost too much to repair and doesnt affect the resale price too badly.

it looks and sounds beautiful i have to say.

The previous owner got it in 1981 and never played it. Her dad bought it for her and it sat in the closet to this day.

I really hope i didnt over pay but none the less i love the sound from it.

Brand new condition other than the center seam split.

i will bring it in today to get it fixed.

Anonymous

I JUST BOUGHT ONE TODAY IN MINT CONDITION AT A LOCAL PAWN SHOP FOR 450.00. IT’S AS BEAUTIFUL AS IT SOUNDS. 77 MODEL F360S

Anonymous

I have been trying to find out what year Takamine first started selling their ef360sc acoustic electric guitars. Anyone know?
      You know what? Never mind. What is it with your stupid little code in the box. Fuck this website. Just fuck all this. You make the letters where no one can even tell what they are. What a stupid fucking site

Anonymous

My father-in-law had a 1992 Takamine F360 S LH. He passed away in 1996. It is time to sell it. Does anyone know it’s current value?

Anonymous

My parents bought me an F360s in 1978 when I was 17. Paid $300 new with case. It was my main guitar for 18 years. I sold it to a music store for $200 to help finance a bluegrass mandolin. They looked up that price in a book. It might have been worth more but I needed a quick sale because I had a chance to buy a nice pro level mandolin from an individual at a good price. I was playing a cheap plywood mandolin in a working band. I knew that mandolin would sell fast. 10 years later I sold that mandolin for $100 more than I paid for it. Took that money and bought the guitar I still play today at age 55. The s means the top on that Takamine was solid wood. The back and sides were laminated. There was never a lawsuit. Martin asked them to change the head and Takamine did.

Anonymous

My dad gave one in 1983,a bit beat up now,needs frets,I changed the tuners 20 years ago.It still sounds good and holds tune,I think he paid 200{Canadian} for it.No idea what it,s worth now,always liked that it looks like a Martin.

Anonymous

I bought and still have Takamine F360S, great sound, very good condition and bought it in 1972, my 1st guitar and still “go to it”. It was bought at McCabes Guitar Shop in Long Beach, CA, 4209 E. Anaheim St. (found out this year 2014, the Shop had no affiliation with McCabes in Santa Monica, Ca, the logo inside looks the same as Santa Monica”s but says Jeff S. etc. Proprietor) This guitar looks just like a Martin, all logos etc. I went in looking for a Martin, could not afford, he showed me the Takamine , sounded great and that was it …it was my “Martin”. This was several years before “lawsuit” Takamine. I never knew about the “lawsuit guitar” until about 20 years ago…it is a great guitar! jerry d. I paid about $300 or so, only had $350, back from Nam, GI bill/school and just married.

Anonymous

I own a Takamine F360 that was made in Japan in 1976, which I purchased new. Unlike most “Lawsuit” Tak’s, which are based upon a Martin, mine was based upon a Gallagher, right down to the unique curving headstock and inlayed Mother of Pearl name in script,with the “T” bent to make it look more like the Gallagher ‘G’. For those unfamiliar with Gallagher Guitars, they are a very small company located in Eastern Tennessee that make less than 100 or so instruments a year, and they are of the highest quality. I’ve owned several Martin’s, and other marquee acoustic’s through the last three-and-a -half decades, but I swear, nothing sounds quite like, or as full and rich as my old trusty Tak does……

Anonymous

I bought an Takamine F360S model in mid-80’s around $300 or so. I recently had some repair work on it, a crack in the neck base and some warp damage due to low humidity and the repair work has made it sound nice and it feels better to play and you barely can tell any repair has been done unless you know it’s there. I would be interested in knowing what I could value this guitar at. Anyone have input on this subject?

Anonymous

I have a 1988 or 1989 Takamine F360S made in Japan.
      The top is old spruce and the sides and neck are rosewood.
      Beautiful sound. It can overpower any other acoustic in the room.
      It ha no pick-up or tuner.
      I paid $800. In 1989.
      Any idea what it is worth now?
      Action is still nice and easy to play.
      Couple of tiny nicks but in excellent shape.

Anonymous

Have a 1974 I baught new in april 75′ by ser # it was built in July of 74′
      still like new!!! To me it’s worth 2,000.

Anonymous

yeah, i’ve talked to a lot of old timer guitar shop owners and they always want to buy mine (pre lawsuit)… it’s a great guitar… i’ve been offered from $1000 all the way up to $2500

Anonymous

I have a left handed 360s. I have seen them on e-bay selling from about 350 to 650. They are not worth that much, but I love mine and would not think of selling it.

Anonymous

That was my very first guitar. Want to sell it? Joel

Anonymous

I have a Takamine & Company guitar for 10 years. It is in excellent condition. I had it appraised when I first got it and it appraised for 1,200 and was expected to increase in value 10% each year after that. I Love this guitar. Because the brand says Takamine & Company, it was manufactured before the law suit. Is this guitar worth that kind of money? : That was my very first guitar. Want to sell it? : Joel

Anonymous

: I have a Takamine & Company guitar for 10 years. It is in excellent condition. I had it appraised when I first got it and it appraised for 1,200 and was expected to increase in value 10% each year after that. I Love this guitar. Because the brand says Takamine & Company, it was manufactured in 1978, before the law suit. Is this guitar worth that kind of money? : : : That was my very first guitar. Want to sell it? : : Joel

Anonymous

I also have a F360S but mine is left handed. I originally bought it because way back when I couldn’t afford a Martin, and since it looked just like one, I thought that was great. I’ve had mine since 1979. Does anyone know what these are worth, or where we can find out? Mine is in excellent condition.

Anonymous

So far I’ve seen two for sale on websites. One is asking $495.00 and the other is asking $795.00. I myself have a 1978 Takamine F360S which my dad got me for my birthday when I was a kid and he didn’t pay more than $200.00 for it, and that included a nice hard case. I’ve always taken good care of it so its still in great shape. Hope this helps you all.

Anonymous

…And I just saw one that has sold at Fredmusic.com. the list price was $1089.00. But that may not be what it actually sold for.

Anonymous

I also have a Takamine F360S and am trying to find out how much they’re worth. Did you get any good information?

Anonymous

: That was my very first guitar. Want to sell it? : Joel Hi gents, I have a F360S-LH, what are they worth?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.