could u tell me ANYTHING about Ensenada guitars?

Posted by Rachel on Tue, 06/12/01 - 00:31:41.
Advertisement

i have a guitar from my mom that she bought 30 years ago. its in great condition, made by Ensenada, model no. WG 65. i dont know anything about em and was curious - are they good? valuable? rare? thanks for your help.

~Rachel

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: could u tell me ANYTHING about Ensenada guitars?

: i have a guitar from my mom that she bought 30 years ago. its in great condition, made by Ensenada, model no. WG 65. i dont know anything about em and was curious - are they good? valuable? rare? thanks for your help.

: ~Rachel

I also have an ensenada and was wondering the same thing, mine was purchased in Mexico by my uncle in the 1960's it sounds great and has a very unique mexican design on the pick guard. I have tried everything to find someone that knows their value with no luck at all..
Good Luck!

: : I too have a Ensenada guitar, Model # WG-65. I've had it for about 20 years now. It would be neat to talk to someone about it. So far it looks like it's an medium guitar, adn nothing much to collect. Maybe someone can proove me wrong. Anyhow, I think I will try to hang on to it a long as I can. Someone e-mail me with anymore info. Thanks!

: : i have a guitar from my mom that she bought 30 years ago. its in great condition, made by Ensenada, model no. WG 65. i dont know anything about em and was curious - are they good? valuable? rare? thanks for your help.

: : ~Rachel

I just got finished stringing up an Ensenada, model G202 for a friend.. also replaced the tuning keys as one was broken off. This is a beautiful guitar to my eyes... 2 f holes, a steel bridge/saddle. That seems to give it a tinny sound but it sure has volume. Yea, Im trying to figure out the value for my friend too. My guess is its only worth about a 100 bucks, but if anyone can say otherwise, holler out please.

Hola,

Ensenada guitars were produced in Japan in the 70's. They were distributed in the US by Strum & Drum company of Chicago. This company(strum and drum) owned the National trademark in the 70's and produced Japanese National guitars for a while.
Ensenada's are pretty good guitars, kinda rare but not very valuable.

Jj

: Hola,

: Ensenada guitars were produced in Japan in the 70's. They were distributed in the US by Strum & Drum company of Chicago. This company(strum and drum) owned the National trademark in the 70's and produced Japanese National guitars for a while.
: Ensenada's are pretty good guitars, kinda rare but not very valuable.

: Jj

would a national bass be valuable, japan

ensenada guitars

Hi, I have a friend who has an Ensenada guitar and she would like to know what the value might be. It is in pretty good condition to be so old. It is kinda hard to keep in tune, and the flat fingerboard is unusual. I work at Gibson Guitars in Nashville, and had no luck finding anything about these guitars from anyone there. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Dennis

I too am trying to find out something about these guitars. I have one that is model number CG 108. It does have quite a good sound and appealing looks.

A great sounding instrument.

I had a beautiful Country Western Ensenada guitar a few yrs ago,& let it go. I'd like to know if they are
still being made today,& how much,would one cost? I'd
sure like to have another one,because it sounded so good. Thank You.

I had 1 also.

A Beautiful Sounding Ensenada with the humming bird pick guard. I had it for a few yr's. It had a lil more of a narrow neck up close the head & it crowded my fingers some. Back then when I took it Henderson Music store here in my city to have Warreny to tune it for me. I did an certain idea adjustment to the rear bridge & it made it More Beautiful Sounding than it already did. Warreny asked me, what did you do to this? Sounds better that it ever did before. It's a secret & wouldn't tell him. Sure would like to find another 1 with just a lil wider neck up close to the head. A friend of mine, Earl, he still has his & it's the same as like what I had.

I also have a WG 65.. Great looking craftmanship and a really good sound.. Was bought in Dallas in 75 but dont remember anything else.. more info would be nice. I do have pics.. would be interested at looking at others..

Ensenada Guitar Model No. WG66

Does anyone have any idea for sure what this is worth? I am in the job of selling things for people, and need to make some money.......sgretzon@centurytel.net

Ensenada CG 108

Well... this could be a longshot here as the previous post pursuant to the CG 108 was ten years ago. Anything further about this guitar? I'm awaiting the arrival of one recently procured on Ebay. Whilst googling around I did come across a site that actually had an old Ensenada catalog.... but it was not available sans paying a fee. I'll post back here once mine arrives... I took a shot in the dark on it as it appeared to have some nice looking woods and inlay work....

We shall see...

ensenada cg104 s

Has a handwritten model #, makes me think it is even more rare in the line, but nobody can tell me where it is from. I do not think it is mij, but no markings indicating it was made in Mexico...found in new Mexico at an estate sale.

WG65 identity

My guitar is marked on the backside of the headstock WG65. It is not marked as an Ensenada label but has the insignia in the middle of the front headstock. Directly below that insignia, but above the nut there is a screwed on triangular piece of plastic that I assume might give access to a neck adjustment. Nowhere is there any " made in japan" identification marks on the guitar. It also has similar fret markings as other Ensenada guitars that I have seen pictures of. The headstock has the familiar Fender shape, it plays well and keeps pretty good tune for extended period of time. It is a one owner guitar that I bought at a Montgomery Ward store in Iowa City, Iowa in the early 1970's. I would like to find an original pick guard that uses a five screw anchoring pattern.

ensenada guitar

i have one it is model FG41 can anyone give a doller amount on it. i have had it cents the mid 70s

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.