d-tuna on a washburn

Posted by alejandro on Thu, 10/21/04 - 18:05:16.

i want to know if i can use a d-tuna on a washburn guitar (stevie salas signature).

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: d-tuna on a washburn

: i want to know if i can use a d-tuna on a washburn guitar (stevie salas signature).

As in on a floyd rose tremolo? I have an old Washburn G-2V, the d-tuner seemed to work okay. Are we talkin like attatched to the bridge on the 6th string?

Re: d-tuna on a washburn

: i want to know if i can use a d-tuna on a washburn guitar (stevie salas signature).

The response you've already received was a pretty good one - on the right track. I've been waiting to see what others might say. Sometimes the D tuna works, and sometimes it catches when you flip the lever, and that is very frustrating, not mention useless. You need a fairly good genuine or licensed Floyd Rose bridge and a good installation, using the longer E string screw provided, then it is a matter of fine tuning the set screw to make it work or not. There has never been much other info on these ie. they don't get reviewed on harmonycentral, so you're right to ask players, forums & technical people. My son is a Floyd Rose bridge expert and one of my daughters is training for it as well. I've heard good and bad about the D tuna. They are inconsistent on different guitars, but problems are usually in the adjustment. Strat Man Dwight

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.