Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics HAS ANYONE GOT ANY INFO ON MORENA GUITARS

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Ive got a guitar and it has morena on it (the make)
    and i cant find anything to do with this

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I cannot find out any information about this guitar. Inside on the builders label it states:

Morena Musical Instruments Co. Ltd.
      New style No. M 201

It appears to be old, however it plays very well. It is Acoustic… presently has three steel stings and three black plastic.

Can anyone identify – perhaps from an old Morena Info/Sales catalog?
      Thank you, GeorgeE. 3w4tq in Vero Beach, Florida

Anonymous

I have one! It arrived in our family for Christmas 1966 or so. This was one of the guitars I learn to play on back in the day. Considering this was a gift for an 8 year old kid, I doubt my parents paid much for it back then, and even if it was in mint condition today, I would only expect it to be worth only $50 to $100 at best. This one’s had a lot of miles and abuse on it, but it still plays and sounds surprisingly well. It’s valuable to me only because it’s packed full of memories.

Anonymous

A name used by Terada of Japan, who now make Gretsch Pro-Line stuff. The name was used mainly in the late firties and early sixties.

Anonymous

Hi guitars fans. I have a moruna requinto made in Calzada de Tilapan 1149 mexico DF. I was made 10 22 1997 i fot it new in nyc new york. In a feww weeks it is going to Puerto Rico to be upgrade and paint ny Nino Laboy El berdugo de el requinto best sound i ever heard i love it

Anonymous

I’ve an "F" hole arch top with a pretty thin body. I use it for slide, has a wonderful vintage (thin) sound about it. Picked it up in a pawn shop in the early seventies.

Anonymous

Hi Keith i think i may have the same guitar it is a thin body archtop with f hole however they are circular holes at the ends of a cutout. And inside the left one is the sticker morena instrument co .new style . Unfortunately i have only been able to find out very little about age origin etc .

Anonymous

: Ive got a guitar and it has morena on it (the make) : and i cant find anything to do with this I have the same query, only a sweetsounding playme ukulele in some blonde wood…sings like a bird!

Anonymous

I just paid $25.00 for it at an antique store. I really have no clue who makes them. I am cleaning and restringing it as we speak. I don’t expect to much from it. I just thought it was cool looking reminded me of the old Kay guitars Sears used to sell in the 50’s and 60’s. It has a steel reinforced neck but no truss rod. lol

Anonymous

I bought a Morena nylon acoustic guitar in Grance some 30 years ago and still play it all the time. It certainly doesn’t sound like a "low-end" guitar and in fact has a beautifully rich and balanced tone (which has def improved with age). Hope this cheers you up!!

Anonymous

: I bought a Morena nylon acoustic guitar in France some 30 years ago and still play it all the time. It certainly doesn’t sound like a "low-end" guitar and in fact has a beautifully rich and balanced tone (which has def improved with age). : Hope this cheers you up!!

Anonymous

: Ive got a guitar and it has morena on it (the make) : and i cant find anything to do with this Try http://www.zzounds.com. Sounds like low end guitar made by Arista of Spain. May be discontinued.

Anonymous

: Have splendid Morena Soprano Ukulele…Would be most grateful for any information on maker or origin ?

Anonymous

sorry mate I dont know anything about marenia or whatever guitars but i could tell ya that by the sounds of it there not very good

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.