• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Can anyone tell me any info about e-ros guitars?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi , I have an Eros 606 Dakota, which I’ve had since I was a teenager about ‘73.
      It still sounds lovely, and has only a few cosmetic blemishes.
      Does anyone know how many different labels this model had ?)
      It doesn’t have a visible serial number next to the “serial” on the label. Just says Quality hand made guitar.
      I can’t find info on differing Eros labels / serial numbers etc to date it properly.

Thanks x

Anonymous

I’ve just picked up what I believe to be an E-ROS 6 string acoustic. I say believe because it has a few characteristics that I’ve not been able to find on other E-ROS acoustics I’ve found.

The headstock and neck are fine, correct logo and aged as I’d expect, has the laminated neck like the others. However the neck is does not appear to be bolted onto the body? From pictures I’ve found I believe some models were like this. So far so good.

The body back is two pieces with a thin laminate section (2/3mm) of lighter wood in-between, I’ve never seen this on any of the pictures if found so far, the back has always been a single piece.

Next this is the label. It’s just a drawing of a bearded man with what looks like a pheasant, the label is square about the same size as a normal label and the man is sitting is what looks like a temple shape (bit hard to describe). Its all black and white and faded.

The markings around the sound hole are right for an E-ROS as is the bridge.

The action is way high and the neck needs resetting, I’ve tried to adjust the truss rod but it’s not having any effect, I think the inner end is not connected.

So now you know what I have 1.) is it worth trying to take the neck off and reset it (it’s definitely bowed when I lay a ruler along it), and 2.) any advice on removing the neck (was hoping it was a bolt on one but not so).

David

Anonymous

My E-Ros Model 606 ‘Dakota’ was bought “New” back in the 1970’s by my Mother for me (1st proper guitar)

It cost just £39.00 & over the years, has proved a wise investment. Even in the year 2021 it’s still GOOD today.

Played it at Church each week (1970’s & 1980’s) – Always stayed in tune & has NEVER let me down (I use 11’s)

Still has a ‘mint’ lustre finish all-over, small frets LOW ACTION (always has had) & I play Left Handed.

What MANY folks don’t know is, that Jimmy Page played an E-Ros Model 606 Dakota on TWO L.Z.II tracks

You can hear the E-Ros Model 606 ‘Dakota’ on “Thank You” & (much) more importantly “Ramble On” !!!!!!

So ironic, because on the day my Mother bought this, I was a HUGE Led Zeppelin fan, but totally unaware.

Laughable, as it wasn’t until summer 2016 that I found out this/these facts (that’s the power of internet for ya !)

https://www.fetishguitars.com/2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/JimmyPageStudio1969-11.jpg

For ALL you jaded cynics out there, here’s a photo’ of Jimmy Page using it, in the Olympic Studio (recording Zep.II

Also here’s the main/major link, so you can see (yet) more pix of him using it in the studio, back then.

https://www.fetishguitars.com/le-marche-brands/e-ros/

So, for those who are moaning “it’s junk”, quit whining, then, listen to “Ramble On” & try telling me again !!!!!

The E-Ros Model 606 ‘Dakota’ has widely “flown under the radar” without any or much attention – (till now)

If you DO chance upon a good example, LOOK AFTER IT, as most folks ARE clueless about it’s L.Z heritage link.

No, it’ll NEVER be worth millions or thousands, but it’s still a decent guitar “if” you happen to have a GOOD example

Most of my 14 Guitars ARE ‘high-end’ American (USA) stuff, so I do have a benchmark to go by, as comparison

Whilst it’ll never be regarded as a high-end instrument, it sure does deserve better recognition.

Anonymous

I bought mine in Portobello Road in 1972 and it remains in perfect condition. Sweet tones and for those who do not know E.Ros, they were made between 1966 and 1970 by the Fratelli Fuselli Company (Fuselli Brothers) in Recanati, Italy. The cousins were ex-Eko key guitar makers and if you’ve got one, cherish it – they are not currently expensive to acquire but the 12 string versions are tipped to become collectables owing to the small production runs.

Definitely NOT Japanese! Enjoy your E.Ros!

Anonymous

I have an E-Ros 606 Dakota, but im looking for a replacement neck since mine had developed a bow and a twist and its practically untunable.

If any of you has spare necks to sell or a whole 606 please reply, thanks.

Anonymous

Just bought one for a tenner..not played it yet but looks worth a tenner

Anonymous

I have an E-Ros mod 906 raven.
      Is it a good guitar?

Anonymous

I have an E-Ros 606 Dakota and the bridge is broke its a moving bridge. My question is [Where can you get the bridge ?.

Anonymous

The strange yet amazing Eros guitars…cousin of Eko guitars….built with the same passion and these guitars are built to last the decades…My 6 string is 50 years old…great tone needed to adjust it alot as I turned it around to left handed…worth the effort….

Anonymous

What is a vintage Eros electric guitar worth?. Has brass scratch plate
      Body is wood.

Anonymous

i have one i purchased jn 1974 thinking of selling if i get right boffer

Anonymous

I have an E ros 12 string with Fuselli Garanzia inside, model # 132
      Has a broken bridge pin but otherwise in goid working order
      Just wondering what it might be worth and where I can get a replacement bridge pin

Anonymous

Yes these guitars are cheap but if you adjust the neck and bring the action down, put good strings on its not to bad as it does have a nice tone.

Anonymous

I have had this model for 40 years and wouldn’t part with it, the sound is amazing, It is worth the effort.

Anonymous

Hi everyone. I also have one of e-ros guitars, it’s a 12 string 612 nevada which my father bought used 30 years ago. Only bad thing about it is a high action. It also has very very thick neck, but I’m used to it. Yup, it might be harder to play, but when I play some other newer guitars they feel like toys. This thing is built like a tank. It has 2 truss rods, and it weighs a ton! I think sound is pretty sweet, better that budget Fender acoustics.

Anonymous

hi. i go to boot fair every week i can, normally pick up a guitar, drums, what ever. good day today, got a orcordian. also got a 12 string e.ros. not that i’m gonna sell but i was wondering the price of these second hand in good nick. it’s model no. 412. serial no. 0331. thanks . al the best. rich.

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me any info about e-ros guitars? i have a E-ROS or rose as i call her , a garanzia, made byF. lli Fuselli probably in his own shop. mine is old too model 126 very buetiful to look at and sounds superb easy on the fingers grandfather bought it in 1958. no mention of a place of manufacture other than Italy

Anonymous

I have a Dakota Mod 606. nice sound. Funny, met a busker in Portugul(albufeira) who played an e-ros. Don’t know if he was at the fanny but said some of the older models are worth a lot of money. He reckoned his was worth £3500. Mind you he also said he was the drummer with the Detroit Emeralds in the 1960s

Anonymous

: I have a Dakota Mod 606. nice sound. Funny, met a busker in Portugul(albufeira) who played an e-ros. Don’t know if he was at the fanny but said some of the older models are worth a lot of money. He reckoned his was worth £3500. Mind you he also said he was the drummer with the Detroit Emeralds in the 1960s I am in Portugal either (portuguese born) and also own a Dakota 606!!! Any info on origin, repairing … Cheers!!!

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me any info about e-ros guitars? I have a nice 12string bought ’67/’68 never going to be a world beater but I still play it today. Have also black "Raven" 6 string and 12 string bought late 70’s. 6 is great with good action 12 has thick neck and I had to raise the action in the manner stated in other reply it plays and sounds better when played as a 6 string.I too have been told that they are a budget eko.

Anonymous

:I have a very old e.ros acoustic guitar. All I know is that it is spanish and it is a very good looking specimen. I too would be very grateful if you could tell me more about them. i got mine as a present from an old man.

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me any info about e-ros guitars? Not much – I’ve got a 6-string model 406, which I bought new in the 70s. Built like a truck, nasty bolt-on neck, but a nicely proportioned Grand Concert-style body, no scratch-plate. Once I’d made a nut from a bit of ebony to replace the horrible stock black plastic one, and put a set of decent machines on it, it was OK(ish). Nice low action, and several people have remarked on its sweetness of tone. No bottom end, though, because of the bolt-on, crap woods, and a bloody great block of splintered deal shoved into the upper inside. Intonation is appalling : ‘Blackbird’ on an E-ros?…er, no – stick to ‘Wonderwall’. The heaviest acoustic I’ve ever owned. Someone once told me that these guitars were budget Ekos, who were too embarrassed to put their name on the head, but I don’t know the truth of that.

Anonymous

: : Can anyone tell me any info about e-ros guitars? I have just picked up and sorted a black e-ros out for a friend. It was covered in concrete dust having had a long, unplayed but abused life. It is built like a tank and has a neck like a tree trunk but with a repair to the machine heads, a clean, lem oil treatment and a set of new D’addario strings it sounds good. A few of the struts inside have come away but this is probably the reason it sounds so good. My friend was delighted with it. I talked to someone in the guitar business who said that they were made by eko.

Anonymous

: Can anyone tell me any info about e-ros guitars? Yes, I have one and it’s a terrible guitar. It’s a 12 string acoustic wich someone give me a while ago, but I never play it. First of all I’m not a 12 string guy, second this guitar is TERRIBLE (neck as a tree branch, action WAY to high etc.

Anonymous

: : Can anyone tell me any info about e-ros guitars? : Yes, I have one and it’s a terrible guitar. It’s a 12 string acoustic wich someone give me a while ago, but I never play it. First of all I’m not a 12 string guy, second this guitar is TERRIBLE (neck as a tree branch, action WAY to high etc. They are made in Italy by the way…

Anonymous

I have an E-ros six string bought new 1972. Superb guitar. If you have a problem with the action take the neck off and put a card between the neck and body until you get the right level. I have read a few of the comments on E-ros and all I can say is you must have a very cheap version. If you look inside the guitar you will should find the name Recanati which was the famous factory in Italy where Ekos were made.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.