Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Do you Play a Les Paul Guitar?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

The Les Paul Guitar is one of the all time most popular guitars. Les Paul Actually invented this guitar long before Fender Came out with the Telecaster. However, no one would build and market the Guitar Until Leo Fender Popularized the Solid Body Telecaster Guitar. After the Telecaster hit the market Big, Gibson Guitar Gave Les Paul a call and asked him to bring in his Solid Body Guitar so they could make a Les Paul Guitar. Les Paul is now a member of the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" because of his wonderful Solid Body Guitar. Les Paul invented the Multi Track Tape Recorder in the Early 50s and had the Ampex Company build it for him. He used this Multi Track Recorder to record many songs with Mary Ford that became Multi Million Sellers in the 50s. No one else in the Recording Industry did multi Track Recording until the Beatles used a Multi Track in the 60s. Then the world started using this Les Paul Invention. Les Paul Said in an interview that when he started playing guitar, there was no electric guitar, so he took a Phonograph Cartridge and taped the needle to his guitar, then ran it through the Audio portion of a Radio. He played solo jobs at drive-in Restaurants with his electric guitar. Les Paul Played the Live Country Music Radio Circuit as "Rhubarb Red" playing harmonica and guitar. Then Les Paul formed his trio and made a big hit on the music world. Chet Atkins’ brother Jim Atkins was a member of the Les Paul Trio when it was going big. Les Paul made an incredible amount of Guitar Instrumental Recordings before he started doing Multiple Part Recordings, and he played on the studio recordings of many pop singers in the 40s. It was in the 50s that he became so popular with his Les Paul and Mary Ford Recordings, selling millions of records. And in the 50s his Les Paul Solid Body Gibson Guitar Made him one of the most famous guitarist of all time. The Internet Web Sites that sell CDs haven an Abundance of Les Paul Recordings for sale. Do you own any Les Paul Recordings? Do you own a Les Paul Guitar? Ten of thousands of these Great Guitars have been sold and are being used by Rock and Pop Guitarists. Robert Lee Johnson The Guitar Man http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I’m the proud owner of a 1953 Les Paul Gold Top w/trapeze tailpiece. I have this fine guitar for over 30 years. I used to play it but when I switched to bass I retired it, getting it out once a year for new strings and cleaning. I’ve had lots of offers to "give" it away cheap but nothing that comes to close to the real value of this LP prototype.

Anonymous

: : The Les Paul Guitar is one of the all time most popular guitars. Les Paul Actually invented this guitar long before Fender Came out with the Telecaster. However, no one would build and market the Guitar Until Leo Fender Popularized the Solid Body Telecaster Guitar. After the Telecaster hit the market Big, Gibson Guitar Gave Les Paul a call and asked him to bring in his Solid Body Guitar so they could make a Les Paul Guitar. Les Paul is now a member of the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" because of his wonderful Solid Body Guitar.

: : Les Paul invented the Multi Track Tape Recorder in the Early 50s and had the Ampex Company build it for him. He used this Multi Track Recorder to record many songs with Mary Ford that became Multi Million Sellers in the 50s. No one else in the Recording Industry did multi Track Recording until the Beatles used a Multi Track in the 60s. Then the world started using this Les Paul Invention.

: : Les Paul Said in an interview that when he started playing guitar, there was no electric guitar, so he took a Phonograph Cartridge and taped the needle to his guitar, then ran it through the Audio portion of a Radio. He played solo jobs at drive-in Restaurants with his electric guitar.

: : Les Paul Played the Live Country Music Radio Circuit as "Rhubarb Red" playing harmonica and guitar. Then Les Paul formed his trio and made a big hit on the music world. Chet Atkins’ brother Jim Atkins was a member of the Les Paul Trio when it was going big.

: : Les Paul made an incredible amount of Guitar Instrumental Recordings before he started doing Multiple Part Recordings, and he played on the studio recordings of many pop singers in the 40s. It was in the 50s that he became so popular with his Les Paul and Mary Ford Recordings, selling millions of records. And in the 50s his Les Paul Solid Body Gibson Guitar Made him one of the most famous guitarist of all time.

: : The Internet Web Sites that sell CDs haven an Abundance of Les Paul Recordings for sale. Do you own any Les Paul Recordings?

: :
      : : Do you own a Les Paul Guitar? Ten of thousands of these Great Guitars have been sold and are being used by Rock and Pop Guitarists.

: : Robert Lee Johnson
      : : The Guitar Man

: : http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

: Hey Guitarman,

: Thanks for all the wonderful info. I am a proud an owner of a 97′ Les Paul standard, in cherryburst. I did not much of that info, until you mentioned it. The only Les paul recording I own, is a rare bootleg of the benifit he held with Slash, Steve Vai, and a bunch of other superstars.

You can find many Les Paul Recordings at this web site:
      http://www.bmvs.com/sites/junglejeff/music/psearch_pop.asp?album=&song=&artist=Les+Paul&startat=0&x=0&y=0

Les Paul has an abundance of CDs, some before he started doing Multi Track Recordings. His influence on the Music World has been Great. His Guitar playing is to the Genius level.

You might be interested to know that Les Paul Recored one Song, "Mister Callahan" I think, where he did 28 guitar parts. His Record Label refused to release the Recording at first. However, the recording was marketed and sold quite well. It’s one of the most unique of all Recordings.

Though Les Paul is a genius at doing multi track recording, him doing all the parts, he was equally as great doing recordings with full bands, other player doing the accompaniment parts for him. If you purchase a CD of his Jazz Recordings you will see this is true.

Robert Lee Johnson
      The Guitar Man

over 50 of my guitar instrumentals on this web site, free listen and downloads.

http://www.mp3.com/theguitar

Anonymous

: The Les Paul Guitar is one of the all time most popular guitars. Les Paul Actually invented this guitar long before Fender Came out with the Telecaster. However, no one would build and market the Guitar Until Leo Fender Popularized the Solid Body Telecaster Guitar. After the Telecaster hit the market Big, Gibson Guitar Gave Les Paul a call and asked him to bring in his Solid Body Guitar so they could make a Les Paul Guitar. Les Paul is now a member of the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" because of his wonderful Solid Body Guitar.

: Les Paul invented the Multi Track Tape Recorder in the Early 50s and had the Ampex Company build it for him. He used this Multi Track Recorder to record many songs with Mary Ford that became Multi Million Sellers in the 50s. No one else in the Recording Industry did multi Track Recording until the Beatles used a Multi Track in the 60s. Then the world started using this Les Paul Invention.

: Les Paul Said in an interview that when he started playing guitar, there was no electric guitar, so he took a Phonograph Cartridge and taped the needle to his guitar, then ran it through the Audio portion of a Radio. He played solo jobs at drive-in Restaurants with his electric guitar.

: Les Paul Played the Live Country Music Radio Circuit as "Rhubarb Red" playing harmonica and guitar. Then Les Paul formed his trio and made a big hit on the music world. Chet Atkins’ brother Jim Atkins was a member of the Les Paul Trio when it was going big.

: Les Paul made an incredible amount of Guitar Instrumental Recordings before he started doing Multiple Part Recordings, and he played on the studio recordings of many pop singers in the 40s. It was in the 50s that he became so popular with his Les Paul and Mary Ford Recordings, selling millions of records. And in the 50s his Les Paul Solid Body Gibson Guitar Made him one of the most famous guitarist of all time.

: The Internet Web Sites that sell CDs haven an Abundance of Les Paul Recordings for sale. Do you own any Les Paul Recordings?

:
      : Do you own a Les Paul Guitar? Ten of thousands of these Great Guitars have been sold and are being used by Rock and Pop Guitarists.

: Robert Lee Johnson
      : The Guitar Man

: http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Hey Guitarman,

Thanks for all the wonderful info. I am a proud an owner of a 97′ Les Paul standard, in cherryburst. I did not much of that info, until you mentioned it. The only Les paul recording I own, is a rare bootleg of the benifit he held with Slash, Steve Vai, and a bunch of other superstars.

Anonymous

hi i own two les pauls, a ´71 in cherry and a 2001 in honey burst. i love them. they sound thru a marshall jcm slash and a 1960AV.

Anonymous

hi i own two les pauls, a ´71 in cherry and a 2001 in honey burst. i love them. they sound thru a marshall jcm slash and a 1960AV.

Anonymous

: The Les Paul Guitar is one of the all time most popular guitars. Les Paul Actually invented this guitar long before Fender Came out with the Telecaster. However, no one would build and market the Guitar Until Leo Fender Popularized the Solid Body Telecaster Guitar. After the Telecaster hit the market Big, Gibson Guitar Gave Les Paul a call and asked him to bring in his Solid Body Guitar so they could make a Les Paul Guitar. Les Paul is now a member of the "Rock and Roll Hall of Fame" because of his wonderful Solid Body Guitar.

: Les Paul invented the Multi Track Tape Recorder in the Early 50s and had the Ampex Company build it for him. He used this Multi Track Recorder to record many songs with Mary Ford that became Multi Million Sellers in the 50s. No one else in the Recording Industry did multi Track Recording until the Beatles used a Multi Track in the 60s. Then the world started using this Les Paul Invention.

: Les Paul Said in an interview that when he started playing guitar, there was no electric guitar, so he took a Phonograph Cartridge and taped the needle to his guitar, then ran it through the Audio portion of a Radio. He played solo jobs at drive-in Restaurants with his electric guitar.

: Les Paul Played the Live Country Music Radio Circuit as "Rhubarb Red" playing harmonica and guitar. Then Les Paul formed his trio and made a big hit on the music world. Chet Atkins’ brother Jim Atkins was a member of the Les Paul Trio when it was going big.

: Les Paul made an incredible amount of Guitar Instrumental Recordings before he started doing Multiple Part Recordings, and he played on the studio recordings of many pop singers in the 40s. It was in the 50s that he became so popular with his Les Paul and Mary Ford Recordings, selling millions of records. And in the 50s his Les Paul Solid Body Gibson Guitar Made him one of the most famous guitarist of all time.

: The Internet Web Sites that sell CDs haven an Abundance of Les Paul Recordings for sale. Do you own any Les Paul Recordings?

:
      : Do you own a Les Paul Guitar? Ten of thousands of these Great Guitars have been sold and are being used by Rock and Pop Guitarists.

: Robert Lee Johnson
      : The Guitar Man

: http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

Hey Guitarman,

Thanks for all the wonderful info. I am a proud an owner of a 97′ Les Paul standard, in cherryburst. I did not much of that info, until you mentioned it. The only Les paul recording I own, is a rare bootleg of the benifit he held with Slash, Steve Vai, and a bunch of other superstars.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.