Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics What do you think about the Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5?

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hey people ! i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat. Some people recomend me the SD Custom. What do you think??? FEde

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I’ve always liked the SH-5, the custom, it really ocked over some other pickups I’ve used.. not overly hot, it was a nice blend. The SH-4.. JB model is quite powerful and full sounding, came stock in alot of 80’s shred guitars like the Kramers.. nice clear highs and good bass response.

: I suggest you check Seymours site and check out the specs the have listed for thier pickups, The Invader is very hot and popular for metal as is the SH-6, the Distortion. Dimarzios have differnt characteristics, the X2N, the Super Distortion Humbuckers were hot choices, potted lightly w/ surf wax, they can be nice
      : : Hey people !
      : : i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
      : : Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: : What do you think???
      i think you suck
      : :
      : : FEde

Anonymous

I’ve always liked the SH-5, the custom, it really ocked over some other pickups I’ve used.. not overly hot, it was a nice blend. The SH-4.. JB model is quite powerful and full sounding, came stock in alot of 80’s shred guitars like the Kramers.. nice clear highs and good bass response.

I suggest you check Seymours site and check out the specs the have listed for thier pickups, The Invader is very hot and popular for metal as is the SH-6, the Distortion. Dimarzios have differnt characteristics, the X2N, the Super Distortion Humbuckers were hot choices, potted lightly w/ surf wax, they can be nice
      : Hey people !
      : i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
      : Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: What do you think???

:
      : FEde

Anonymous

that is a good choice. my favorite gibson set up is a seymour duncan alnico in the bridge and a duncan vintage 59 in the neck. slash from guns and roses uses the alnicos in his les pauls. the set up i mentioned with the alnico and vint. 59 is killer. i have done several guy gibsons this way and all love it. no complaints. you can do any type of music with this. all my gibsons have this set up.

Anonymous

: : Hey people !
      : : i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
      : : Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: : What do you think???

: :
      : : FEde
      It sounds ok it’s a good pick up with more midrange than Paf one pck up that really kicks is the "Jeff Beck" try it and you won’t believe your ear sweet but agressive!!

Anonymous

I play hardcore music, i mean , i wnat something to play always with distortion. I don’t care clean sound.
      FAt distortion but not dark or too much bassy.

Thanx all.

Anonymous

: Hey people !
      : i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
      : Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: What do you think???

:
      : FEde

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.