What do you think about the Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5?

Posted by Fede on Wed, 05/17/00 - 05:54:24.

Hey people !
i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

What do you think???

FEde

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: What do you think about the Seymour Duncan Custom SH-5?

: Hey people !
: i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
: Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: What do you think???

:
: FEde

: : Hey people !
: : i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
: : Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: : What do you think???

: :
: : FEde
It sounds ok it's a good pick up with more midrange than Paf one pck up that really kicks is the "Jeff Beck" try it and you won't believe your ear sweet but agressive!!

I forgot!!!

I play hardcore music, i mean , i wnat something to play always with distortion. I don't care clean sound.
FAt distortion but not dark or too much bassy.

Thanx all.

that is a good choice. my favorite gibson set up is a seymour duncan alnico in the bridge and a duncan vintage 59 in the neck. slash from guns and roses uses the alnicos in his les pauls. the set up i mentioned with the alnico and vint. 59 is killer. i have done several guy gibsons this way and all love it. no complaints. you can do any type of music with this. all my gibsons have this set up.

I've always liked the SH-5, the custom, it really ocked over some other pickups I've used.. not overly hot, it was a nice blend. The SH-4.. JB model is quite powerful and full sounding, came stock in alot of 80's shred guitars like the Kramers.. nice clear highs and good bass response.

I suggest you check Seymours site and check out the specs the have listed for thier pickups, The Invader is very hot and popular for metal as is the SH-6, the Distortion. Dimarzios have differnt characteristics, the X2N, the Super Distortion Humbuckers were hot choices, potted lightly w/ surf wax, they can be nice
: Hey people !
: i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
: Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: What do you think???

:
: FEde

: I've always liked the SH-5, the custom, it really ocked over some other pickups I've used.. not overly hot, it was a nice blend. The SH-4.. JB model is quite powerful and full sounding, came stock in alot of 80's shred guitars like the Kramers.. nice clear highs and good bass response.

: I suggest you check Seymours site and check out the specs the have listed for thier pickups, The Invader is very hot and popular for metal as is the SH-6, the Distortion. Dimarzios have differnt characteristics, the X2N, the Super Distortion Humbuckers were hot choices, potted lightly w/ surf wax, they can be nice
: : Hey people !
: : i want to change my humbucker of my SG i i wanted something hot, clear but wild and fat.
: : Some people recomend me the SD Custom.

: : What do you think???
i think you suck
: :
: : FEde

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.