Does the the BOSS GT3 make any NOISE or HUM when hooked up to the AMP

Posted by Erne on Thu, 05/18/00 - 15:30:00.

I'm thinking of buying a BOSS GT3. I have a few BOSS pedals already that I have had for years. When I hook them up to a BOSS 9 volt poer suppy I get lots of HUM and NOISE. it drive me crazy. If I just use the effect pedals and a small battery I get no noise at all. Things are great then. I like the versitiliy of the GT3 and I need some new effects. What do you think.

Related Gear:
Do you agree that Boss makes the best Distortion Pedal?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Does the the BOSS GT3 make any NOISE or HUM when hooked up to the AMP

I have a BOSS GT-3 which I run through a Hughes&Kettner
amp and I don`t have a noise problem. U might wanna look @ your cables. Sometimes noise and hum can be
hard 2 track down. If it is in the power supply U`re using
U shouldn`t have a problem with the GT-3 because it
comes with it`s own power supply.

:I use a BOSS GT3 through my Peavey-there is no noise problems - there is a noise supresser on the GT3 with is adjustable
You shouldnt have any hum
Good luck

: :I use a BOSS GT3 through a marshall 265vs and there is some huming

It's not the AMP, it's your adapter... most likely

: I'm thinking of buying a BOSS GT3. I have a few BOSS pedals already that I have had for years. When I hook them up to a BOSS 9 volt poer suppy I get lots of HUM and NOISE. it drive me crazy. If I just use the effect pedals and a small battery I get no noise at all. Things are great then. I like the versitiliy of the GT3 and I need some new effects. What do you think.

JD: I think you've got to check the Amperage on the adapter and compare it to the required amperage on the pedal. I had the same thing with my DOD Ice Box Chorus pedal. It needed 200 milliamps, and I was pumping around 1200 milliamps into it. There was a loud humming. That's one possible solution. I know and can explain the physics reason behind it, but don't feel like it here.

when I use my gt3 with the amp (marshal I think) of a friend it allways produces a hum.

when I use it with my amp or the one from another friend its no problem.

buy the gt3, it's best perchase you'll ever make. there is no hum or buzz at all, it's a no joke pedal, and ever guitar player that see's yours and doesn't have one will want one and tell u how awsome the pedal is.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.