Chord Help!: BmA, BmAb.

Posted by Steve on Fri, 03/15/02 - 16:02:25.

Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven't been playing that long, and don't know how to read sheet music. I've checked out 'chord generator' programs, but haven't been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!!
Thanks,
Steve

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Chord Help!: BmA, BmAb.

I think they are referencing a B 7th, and dimished 7th (respectively), but I haven't seen any chord referenced that way... what is it from ? could be someones own 'definition'.

: Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven't been playing that long, and don't know how to read sheet music. I've checked out 'chord generator' programs, but haven't been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!!
: Thanks,
: Steve

You're close, I believe they are trying to spell -out a Bminor 7th, and Bminor 6th, respectively. BmA = Bminor 7th = B, D# ,F#, A. BmAb = BmG# = Bminor 6th = B, D#, F#, G#.
Some systems of writing chords would say one of the 4 diatonic triads (major, minor, diminished - dim, augmented - aug) and then list any additional chord tones as either sharp or flat whatever, or by listing the actual note names. It can get very confusing when you are trying to distinguish between a major/minor triad versus say a major 7th or a flat 7th.

: I think they are referencing a B 7th, and dimished 7th (respectively), but I haven't seen any chord referenced that way... what is it from ? could be someones own 'definition'.

: : Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven't been playing that long, and don't know how to read sheet music. I've checked out 'chord generator' programs, but haven't been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!!
: : Thanks,
: : Steve

:These chords are given in Elton John's "Your Song". I can't find them either. Good luck.
: You're close, I believe they are trying to spell -out a Bminor 7th, and Bminor 6th, respectively. BmA = Bminor 7th = B, D# ,F#, A. BmAb = BmG# = Bminor 6th = B, D#, F#, G#.
: Some systems of writing chords would say one of the 4 diatonic triads (major, minor, diminished - dim, augmented - aug) and then list any additional chord tones as either sharp or flat whatever, or by listing the actual note names. It can get very confusing when you are trying to distinguish between a major/minor triad versus say a major 7th or a flat 7th.

:
: : I think they are referencing a B 7th, and dimished 7th (respectively), but I haven't seen any chord referenced that way... what is it from ? could be someones own 'definition'.

: : : Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven't been playing that long, and don't know how to read sheet music. I've checked out 'chord generator' programs, but haven't been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!!
: : : Thanks,
: : : Steve

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.