• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Has anyone heard about these guitars.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have an old Gibson SG and I LOVE the slim neck. I’ve been looking a the Jon Kammerer Guitars and I love everything about them including that Jon Builds them himself. Was wondering what the neck was like. Neighbor has a newer Strat and I hate the neck.

Thanks!

Anonymous

: Has anyone heard about these guitars. Yeah, a friend gave me a past issue of Vintage Guitar magazine and it happened to have a review of Jon Kammerers electric solid body. I fell in love with the natural maple body of the guitar featured in the article and one day my wife, who is not a musician, mentioned that she loved the way it look. That was all I needed. The next day at work I got on Jon’s website, sent him an email telling him what I was looking for and he sent me pictures of all his current guitars in stock and I ended up having him put a rosewood neck with green abalone inlays on a curly maple body with 2 humbuckers on it. I had the guitar within 3 days and have not stopped playing it since I received it. My main musical expression is piano, as in blues and boogie, an instrument that I have been playing for 41 years. I also have played guitar for 35 years and even studied with Eliott Sharp in college back in the early 70’s. Now I am bringing my Kammerer to my new band’s rehearsal and trying to work it into some of our tunes. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GUITAR. I haven’t touched my strat since I got the Kammerer. It plays better than my buddies ’50’s era strat and 70’s era Les Paul. If you have a chance, get one of his guitars. Life is too short not to have played one. My next order from Jon will be an acoustic. Peace out.

Anonymous

Hey Rudy, Tom Here…..A Blast from the Past!!!! Remember "Disaster Recovery"? Remember Maryanne, Johnny, and Nolan? If it’s you, e-mail me! And no we haven’t heard of those guitars…Only Kidding! : : Has anyone heard about these guitars. : Yeah, a friend gave me a past issue of Vintage Guitar magazine and it happened to have a review of Jon Kammerers electric solid body. I fell in love with the natural maple body of the guitar featured in the article and one day my wife, who is not a musician, mentioned that she loved the way it look. That was all I needed. The next day at work I got on Jon’s website, sent him an email telling him what I was looking for and he sent me pictures of all his current guitars in stock and I ended up having him put a rosewood neck with green abalone inlays on a curly maple body with 2 humbuckers on it. I had the guitar within 3 days and have not stopped playing it since I received it. My main musical expression is piano, as in blues and boogie, an instrument that I have been playing for 41 years. I also have played guitar for 35 years and even studied with Eliott Sharp in college back in the early 70’s. Now I am bringing my Kammerer to my new band’s rehearsal and trying to work it into some of our tunes. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GUITAR. I haven’t touched my strat since I got the Kammerer. It plays better than my buddies ’50’s era strat and 70’s era Les Paul. If you have a chance, get one of his guitars. Life is too short not to have played one. My next order from Jon will be an acoustic. Peace out.

Anonymous

: Has anyone heard about these guitars. haha yeah he’s my cousin!. that’s odd that he’s on a website… i think they’re kind of cool looking but i wouldn’t really know about their sound quality. i know they don’t sacrifice tone/

Anonymous

: : Has anyone heard about these guitars. Yeah, I own 4 of them. They are absolutely amazing. For what you pay for one of them they are worth twice that. Tone is amazing, build quality is fabulous. I love my guitars. The hollow body electric acoustic has great acoustic tone when plugged in. Very emotive with string bends. great action, very easy to play. I have a custom made thick holow body made entiely of purple heart with black sunburst. I had Jon put a duck bucker at the neck, Pearly Gates at the bridge and a tone pro acoustic bridge. This piece is called the beast. Big resonant, tone, tone, tone, use the tone bridge with the duck bucker for this great blues sound. I got a regular model solid body electric. I don’t know what he has at the bridge, but it has changed my life. The decay on the harmonics and the sustain just make you want to hit an E chord and just listen to it fade away into nothingness. Very musical, not just biting, but musical and hard at the same time. action great, build as always great, put it up against ANY Les Paul or PRS, ANY. NOw, most recently I got his new chambered body electric. Looks just like the electric solid body, but the tone is completely different. again, build and action perfect. Bridge is late 50’s tele, little bit of twang, but interestingly as you play with more attack there is a decay into this nice distortion. The neck pickup sounds kind of jazzy but does the same trick with decay into distortion but at a higher volume. Now use the two together and the result is a great rhythym bassy guitar, that still holds up when you go to solo on the high notes. Another fabulous guitar. Whatever piece you would purchase will become your favorite guitar immediately.

Anonymous

: I own one and enjoy it. It has good sound plugged in and is quiet and a bit muffled unplugged (Great for tinkering inbetween commercials so you don’t bother the wife). Mine is a walnut a/c, no cut-away and the top-grade electrics on it. I picked it up at roadworthy guitars for a song ($800.00), it only had a very small chip in the finish which will be easy to repair. However, Roadworthy guitars is anathama! Stay away from them for the manager or owner is a total crook. I will never buy from them and warn you all of them. If you play plugged in then this is a great acoustic/electric.

Anonymous

: Has anyone heard about these guitars. Yes, I own two of them. I beleive them to be the best new design on the market today. These things just have such a great sound and feel. I can’t say enough about them. You just have to play one for about five seconds and then you’ll understand.

Anonymous

Yes, what are you looking for about them ??? : Has anyone heard about these guitars.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.