Hipshot Tremsetter....does it really work?

Posted by Doc on Sat, 05/20/00 - 22:50:06.

Anyone have an opinion on the Hipshot Tremsetter? Does this add-on really pull back to neutral?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Hipshot Tremsetter....does it really work?

: Anyone have an opinion on the Hipshot Tremsetter? Does this add-on really pull back to neutral?
I have one on my 1989 Fender American Standard Deluxe, and it really works. Hit an open low E,
then bend a 15th fret on the B up to E and the low E stays so much more in pitch then it would
otherwise. I collect HM Strats, and one I got had the Tremsetter in it. I didn't like it on this guitar.
The Khaler Spider locking trem just isn't in simpatico with it. My guess Floyd Rose's wouldn't fair
much better.

: Anyone have an opinion on the Hipshot Tremsetter? Does this add-on really pull back to neutral?
Hmmmmmm, I've setup a few strats with these and it's always hit or miss. It does work when it's done right
but it's 'getting it right' that is so hard!!!!!
Julyan Wallis - The Guitar Doctor -Penzance UK.

Hi Julian, I´m having the same problems with settings. Could you explain me what setting procedure I have to proceed. Thanks.

I just bought a strat plus with one on and after trying to set it up properly for 2 days, took it off and replaced one more spring... MUCH BETTER and SMOOTHER WITHOUT..

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.