How is STAGG guitars quality???

Posted by Benim adým gomiser ceylan on Mon, 05/06/02 - 11:49:32.

How is this?

More Stagg Guitars Information:

•Reviews
•Videos
•Information
•Prices
All available on our Stagg page

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: How is STAGG guitars quality???

stagg are a shite guitar make even though i own one myself.

: stagg are a shite guitar make even though i own one myself.

:ur a shitty player than.

Facts about Stagg

Stagg

I own 3 Stagg guitars...One acoustic ( SW 205-BK ) one( S-300) electric and 1( MB 370-H ) bass....I've been playing for over 48 years...One must tinker with the settings a bit, but once you have both the bridge and pickups set to your liking, you wont find a better axe, for the money... Great value...

Awesome Stagg Acoustic Bass

For the equivalent of $300 USD I bought a Stagg acoustic/electric cutaway bass in Moscow that has maintained excellent tune for the past 18 months. The original strings lasted that long until I recently broke the G string, and for that price (as opposed to a $1200 Martin) I can play music all the time. I am a teacher, and I am comfortable letting my students try it out without the fear of someone besmirching a sacred object. Yes, some of the major components are plastic, but the sound is super, both on electric and acoustic settings, and I don't have to shlep an amplifier around with me all the time. I'd like to buy stock in the company and be a spokesperson. Don't dis' the Stagg, yo!

Stagg

Great guitar,good quality,good sound.

no

no

: How is this? stagg guitars a fu****g excellent, and look beuatiful at the same time, i bought one 2 months ago, and it has kept its tune like a dream, mine is a les paul, and with rythm and lead, there are many different sounds, they are amazing, and good value too, so buy one or im gonna cut u like a fish!

: How is this?

: : How is this?

i never heard of STAGG guitars, So mabey not that good, but what do I know?

:
: : : How is this?

: i never heard of STAGG guitars, So mabey not that good, but what do I know?

NOTHING.

Stagg guitars.

First of all get out more,
I played one in a music shop I'm only a novice but it played better than the fender I have as in it was easier to play bar chords, the sound is a little thin but have played a similar style Yamaha guitar and that was the same as the body is narrower. The build quality looks good worth buying I think about £135. that was for a left handed one so R H might be cheaper.

Regards to all
M

they were rubbish in shops
everyone says they are mine broke when i was t5uning it

: they were rubbish in shops
: everyone says they are mine broke when i was t5uning it

you must be shit at tuning

: : they were rubbish in shops
: : everyone says they are mine broke when i was t5uning it

: you must be shit at tuning

who's complaining at $150 freakin dollars.

You

I'm not going to say something childish like "You must be shit at...". I have no time for schoolyard politics.

You ARE Shit! Period.

Stagg ... fuck! stagg... a "solid wood body" made from glue and wood-chips, crap set-up, shitty strings. The fucking frets are so badly filed that you cut yourself moving your hand up and down the neck. No two fret heights are the same and the closest we could get to a straight neck has a bow from the 6th to the 12th frets.

The pick-ups can barely feel a vibration at all (Sounds great for a player too poor to buy an amp).

This is the worst piece of shit I've ever had the misfortune to play.

stagg quality

First off, I own two Fender USA built Strats, a USA built Gibson Les Paul and a USA built Gibson SG. Also a USA built Martin D16. These guitars are all superlative, however they are not the instruments you would use to play on a daily basis, perhaps allowing novice students to try their hand on.

The Stagg instruments require a bit of setting up, not beyond the skills of most experienced players, and definitely easy work for most guitar technicians. Once set up, you will have a rock solid workhorse guitar. Obviously it's not a Gibson or a Fender, you could probably buy 50 Staggs for the price of a decent Gibson, but you wouldn't want to play an expensive Gibson all day every day.

It's horses for courses.

So if I get it right, a

So if I get it right, a beginner such as myself would be much better off getting a different brand. There are plenty of guitars out there in that price range that are better put together and do not require either a skilled technician or a veteran guitarist to squeeze a sound out of it.
Cheers !

in fact they are one of the best makes so the are really good quality espesily bass

I mean, they are not realy bad. I play a Fretlesbass for some songs and I´m very surprised about that cheap Instrument.

But another Qustion is, Who build Stagg-Guitars ???

Regarts from Germany
Axel

Stagg sucks: the sound, the feeling, just everything.

it's cheap motherfucking trash.

: Stagg sucks: the sound, the feeling, just everything.

: it's cheap motherfucking trash.

Might be to you, but for us beginners theyre great. the r500 got a rave review.

I own more tha ten top brand guitars (some of them vintage).
I never thought I would buy a cheap guitar. But after trying a stagg PRS copy I could´nt believe the price (the quality is ok, but the price was so mind blowing that I could´nt resist)
The bung for the buck is the best in the market (at least on this PRS Copys)

My Stagg guitar has the annoying habit of detuning really quickly..But what do you expect for €175,-
The sound quality is ok, a little bit twangy and not as fullbodied as other more expensive guitars....But what do you expect for €175,- Consider saving up your money and going for something a bit more upmarket!!

: I own more tha ten top brand guitars (some of them vintage).
: I never thought I would buy a cheap guitar. But after trying a stagg PRS copy I could´nt believe the price (the quality is ok, but the price was so mind blowing that I could´nt resist)
: The bung for the buck is the best in the market (at least on this PRS Copys)

i have one and i cant be sure really ive played so many sucky guitars but the pickup selector did break 5 days after buying it

stagg is like the best guitar ever asshole!!

: stagg is like the best guitar ever asshole!!

do you have a stutter??

dude, give stagg a chance. i think the reason you think its crap is because of the logo. yeah its crap and probably not flashy. but give the brand another chance. i own 3 gibson lespauls and about 4 stagg les pauls. the other 3 were crap until i upgraded the last one into a R tech pickup and it almost sounds the same as the gibs. a cheap crappy pickup that sounds like spongebob getting hit in the dick will always do a bad first impression on the player. i reccomend you get a more expensive model if you want a better sound quality

Who makes STAGG Instruments?

I have a stagg les paul and it´s like shiiit..but it´s cool. it´s hard deal getting it tuned.
Which country makes STagg?

Re: Who makes STAGG Instruments?

Britain makes stagg guitars, on all their guitar "bundles" they have the union jack.

They are actually a Belgian

They are actually a Belgian Company set up in 1995 in Brussels.

Re: Who makes STAGG Instruments?

: she is made in China but Stagg is a Belgium trade mark

Here is some detailed information on Stagg Guitar

Here is some detailed information on Stagg Guitars:

Stagg Overview, Videos, and Reviews

: How is this? all of these reviews are about as usefull as a ham sandwich at a jewish wedding, I was gonna buy one and I thought it would be usefull to see what other players thought, anyone got something constructive to say?

My stagg neck snapped off

Stagg tele copy

I recorded this with a Stagg tele copy I bought for $80.
What do you think(if you hate jazz,just focus on the tone of the guitar)
Ilove it for a cheap guitar!

I listened to that sound

I listened to that sound clip and if it was done with a $80 Stagg well I'm staggered (groan), so impressed that I'm going to buy one. Thabk you for the clip.

How is Stagg guitars quality

I have a number of students who buy and bring in a variety of models of Stagg guitars. I've found that they generally have no factory adjustments and that the Chinese generally leave the actions pretty high. Once I make bridge and neck adjustments, lower the action and adjust the pickups, most models seem to sound reasonably well and some sound very good. You have to remember that for a price under $200-300 (in most instances) not much in the way of factory adjustment can be done. That's too bad but if Gibson had a guitar that they sold for $200-300 they wouldn't be able to make pre-shipment adjustments either. I've had to lower, raise or tilt pickups on almost every electric. Here and there I need to level a couple of frets that weren't set right but I've also had to do that on many other models including some high-priced instruments.

In fact, the Chinese quality gets just a tad better with almost every container load that arrives. I've been teaching and playing since the early 70's and recall when the quality rate for any Chinese guitar was about 1 out of 24. Now, almost all can be made into a playable instrument in half an hour or so. For students I do the adjustments and set-ups for free, for anyone else $25.

Also, let's be honest, it's unfair to call a Stagg, or any low price point guitar, a piece of crap compared to a genuine Les Paul or a US made Fender. In fact, to compare a $200 guitar to other than a $200 guitar is to compare apples to oranges.

Most of the adjustments and tweaks that I do on the low price point guitars have already been done to Gibsons and Fenders. Gibson and Fender have to add the costs of doing those adjustments into the final cost of the instrument and then calculate the asking price from that total cost. Even so, I still find myself doing the occasional adjustment to some pretty expensive guitars. Very few arrive 100% perfect.

Finally, abuse does break guitars and guitar parts. And, the "F" and "S" words do nothing to add to your integrity; rather, they mask what your abilities and integrity might really be.

Stagg

Well said... I bought a Stagg bass to learn with a view of upgrading to 'something better' in a few months time.
I got it home I had to do a set-up and wow! Once the set-up was complete I ended up with a very, very nice playing bass that feels and plays like a MUCH more expensive instrument!
(PS - You can't skimp on a bass amp - even the best bass will sound crap through a cheap amp!)

Excellent write-up. I

Excellent write-up. I bought a Stagg guitar for my daughter many years ago for about $160. Needless to say she lost interest and stopped playing and the guitar has been in a closet, unused for a few years.

Although the quality of the fret work and neck finish leaves a bit to be desired, the overall feel, sound and playability of the guitar is great. The body and electronics are as good as many Fenders I have played. I got the guitar out last night and ran in through my little Fender Super Champ XD and wow, the tone was spectacular.

In contrast, I have a $3200 custom hand made guitar that I had made about 10 years ago and it has always been a disappointment. It looks amazing (Master Grade soild flame maple body) but the playability and the tone are just not there. I have also played a friend's 2004 Gibson Supreme and I was very disappointed in the quality and playability of it. I would pick my daughter's "cheapy" Stagg over my custom and the Supreme any day. My only disagreement with your comment is that sometimes, even a low end cheap guitar can be compared to a more expensive guitar. ;)

: How is this?

How old are you people? And what the heck are you doing to you guitars?? I've got 48 guitars...some Vintage some brand X...they can be very cool. Never had a neck 'break off'...detuning can be fix with new tuning heads and locks...Have a little imagination....Have fun...Oh, and grow up.

I have a beautiful Stagg R500 which is a copy of a PRS. The sound through my Marshall FDX100 combo is superb - no noticable difference between this and my gennuine PRS other than the price tag of course! I have to do a bit of tinkering with the adjustments to get the guitar to be custom for my playing style but this took no longer than an hour. I am delighted with my Stagg - it is superb value for money and the "bang for the buck" just can't be matched by any other product on the market place in my opinion. The build quality and sound are just A1. Buy one - you won't regret it! ;-)

I have the same R500 in blue. Just beautiful to look at, plays like a dream, sounds great. Best £100 I have ever spent!

How good is stagg instruments?

I've been playing bass for over 30 years and own many.my stagg jazz bass is one of my favorites,great tones for any sound you're looking to play.maybe I got great one it looks just like my fender jazz and sound just as good,really a solid dependable bass.i would recommend stagg basses for anyone looking for quality for low cost!

i have a stagg les paul and it is a dream 2 play so fuck u bitch!!! :P

I own a real gibson les paul and a fake one (stagg) besides a little detail (finish etc) its exactly the same, i am very happy with my stagg les paul and to be honest : stagg can sell their gear for 3 times the price!!!! and if anybody had some flaws with their stagg... it can happen with gibson or fenders aswell so all you purists....get a life !!! go buy a stagg

staggs are great m8 got 1 meself

Where can I purchase one other than a used one on ebay. I'm looking for a lefty Jazz-Box that they make.

Thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.