questions about westone raider 2 guitar and strings

Posted by Dark Shredder on Wed, 05/08/02 - 01:05:17.

recently i picked up a westone raider 2 guitar at a pawn shop for $170 (nz money, so that's about 85 USA) thinking it would make a great guitar for the kind of music i play (technical, brutal death metal) but now that i've got it home i think my fender strat actually has a heavier tone, as well as a better lead sound... fuck, a better everything sound. could it just be that the strings on the westone are old school and quite rusty? would modern strings give it a better sound? the guitar looks like its from about the mid eighties... maybe its only suited to playing music from that period in time? i tried taking the bottom 3 strings off my fender and putting them on the westone, and it did sound a bit better... but i still think the fender sounds heavier and all around nicer. The fender gives more distortion and low bassy chunk, which is weird since it only has 4 regular pick ups and the westone has uhh... 2 sets of those grunt/gain pick ups... can't think of the proper name for them right now. the westone does have quite a bit of rust, dirt and fluff around the pick ups and shit... would that affect the sound at all? is this guitar a piece of shit, good or what?

please help if you can. thanks. later

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: questions about westone raider 2 guitar and strings

Well I have a westone raider II too, and it suits me because i play straightforward punk, the problem with the raider is that it doesnt hold the tones for a long time... but it holds the tuning for ages...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.