Guitarsite Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Help me ID my ’83 Ibanez Artist guitar, please?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have an 1983 Ibanez Artist guitar that I have ID’d by the serial # K83xxxx. The guitar has the AR100 features but has the covered dual humbucker pickups. The covered humbucker pickups is stumping me. The AR100 doesn’t have the pickups covered. In a download from the internet, the pictures I have skip from the AR100 to the AR300. The AR300 has the covered pickups but have abalone markers while the AR100 have dot markers. Can you help me?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a 1979 Ibanez Artist solid body electric guitar with abalone frets and brass humbucker pickups. This wonderful guitar is comparable to Gibson’s Les Paul, and is in "like new" condition. It was the demo guitar played by George Benson at NAMM (National Association of Musical Merchandise) in Chicago/Atlanta/CA when I purchased it. I can put you directly in touch with a representative who distributed for Ibanez for several years…. She would very possibly have the answers to your ’83 Ibanez guitar inquiry. E-mail me for further info.

Anonymous

:I have just had my immaculate tobacco sunburst Artist guitar stolen. It was fitted with a coil tap and part of the family. If anybody can help or knows where i can obtain another please contact me

Anonymous

I have a 1979 Ibanez Artist solid body electric guitar with abalone frets and brass humbucker pickups. This wonderful guitar is comparable to Gibson’s Les Paul, and is in "like new" condition. I can put you directly in touch with a representative who distributed for Ibanez for several years…. She would very possibly have the answers to your inquiry. E-mail me for further info.

Anonymous

I also have a 83 Artist that I can’t ID. I has the trem bridge, covered gold plated pickups (with the rows of screws) and gold plated hardware, but dot markers on the fretboard.

Anonymous

It could be a one-off, Ibanez did a lot of those when they started making their own designs. Also, the pickups might be replacements. Can you describe them? Do they have a row of screws or any engraving?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.