Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen

Posted by LuKe on Wed, 07/12/00 - 08:34:45.

Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Angus Young vs. Eddie Van Halen

: Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

Sorry, but EVH did not invent two hand tapping! He just reintroduced it, in a different context. Anyone familiar with jazz and fusion will know this.: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

: Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

: : Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: Your idiots. Eddie is far more superior to almost any guitarist. Angus is not even in the same league.

: : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

: : : Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: : Your idiots. Eddie is far more superior to almost any guitarist. Angus is not even in the same league.

angus is the best by far like the song jailbreak live in donington england listen to it sounds hell good well your a pritty good guitarist 2 but angus's antics on stage beet any other guitarist for sure

: : : Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: : Your idiots. Eddie is far more superior to almost any guitarist. Angus is not even in the same league.

: : Van Halen is better but Angus is good, but not the best. Because the best is Randy Rhoads.

: : Van Halen is better but Angus is good, but not the best. Because the best is Randy Rhoads.

: : I would have to disagree with what Brandon says. I think Angus Young is deffinilty the BEST!~ So how about THAT one BRANDON! haha

: : Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

Angus is definitely the best how can anyone think different me personally i think hes the best in the world but i know that some people will disagree

: : : :

: Angus is definitely the best how can anyone think different me personally i think hes the best in the world but i know that some people will disagree

: Angus is definitely the best how can anyone think different me personally i think hes the best in the world but i know that some people will disagree

your stupid if you think angus is better

::: I really like Angus Young as far as listening to, I think he rocks! but I have to say Eddie is just as talented so, I dont know, keep on rockin boyz!

This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good!

: This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good!

: :if you take all into account its angus.rock is going to gigs and lettin go and as gigs go no one perfofms at such a high level with such energy&fun but the real winners are us ROCKERS : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

: : : : Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: : This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good!

I agree with the person who said that Angus plays more traditional rock music; Edward has his own very unique style. I have heard no one who can even come close to the skill of Edward Van Halen. Plus, he and Angus do have totally different styles of playing

: : :eddie "gunslinger" van halen is the man. if ever in doubt, just crank up "ATOMIC PUNK". THIS GUY KICKS MAJOR ASS!!!!!!

: : : : : Who is the better guitarist: Angus Young or Eddie Van Halen.

: : : : : I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

: : : : Eddie's a legend and he rocks too! Angus is great, but I think Eddie's better personally. Van Halen has always been my favorite group, because I love and admire their talent.

: : : : :I my opinion Angus is definitely the best,If you listen to the song "Jailbreak" you can really see that Angus can dishout just as mean a guitar solo as Eddie,plus he is the better stage performer.

: : This comparison is stupid!! Young and Van Halen play with two very distinct styles. It seems to me that Young plays a more traditional driving rock-and-roll while Van Halen plays licks from another planet. Why compare apples and oranges. They both taste soooo good!
no angus is better. who else can travel the fret board as fast as him?

Hey angus young fans!! If angus would listen to van halens "eruption" he would be on the floor crying!! I am sorry, but angus young is nothing compared to eddie. His musical genus led to crazy new styles. Angus is good, not better.

.ANGUS YOUNG RULES!!!!!! I Love Eddie! but AC/DC is just the best! Angus is my idol and my hereo! '
Nothin better then him

Hi, I´am a great fan of AC/DC and Van Halen as well, from Argentina and I think that both of them are great guitarrist's, but diffrent... Eddie is better in a technical point of view; Angus has that touch of incredible power. And what about Carlitos Santana?

Best regads

From Argentina too. Eddie Wins without any doubt. He's better technically, musically, and I like more his tone. I really like Angus, but I think He is more a "rock&roll guitarist".

:
: Hi, I´am a great fan of AC/DC and Van Halen as well, from Argentina and I think that both of them are great guitarrist's, but diffrent... Eddie is better in a technical point of view; Angus has that touch of incredible power. And what about Carlitos Santana?

: Best regads

what about santana.he is boring compared to angus or eddie and i think eddie is the greatest of all time i mean look at his contibutions to the guitar world,the variced marshall,the humbucker in aguitar with a floyd,the eb musicman axis,the peavy wolfgang,and last but not least the 5150

Angus kicks arse,and can play longer and better lead breaks

Van Halen Rocks kicks Angus all over the place... Eddie is the legend Angus doesn't make grade...

ANGUS ROCKS! I REALLY think that ANGUS is better than EDDIE.. EDDIE rocks too dont get me wrong but ANGUS is the MAN!!!!!

ANGUS ROCKS! I REALLY think that ANGUS is better than EDDIE.. EDDIE rocks too dont get me wrong but ANGUS is the MAN!!!!!

angus is the man eruption is great and i like van halens music is great but i think angus young is better but eddie is faster i like angus's solos better though and since i like ac/dc's music better and its all wrote by angus and malcom id have to say angus young is the man

ANGUS IS BETTER HELLO!!!!!!!!GE REAL EDDIE VANHALEN IS A BUM!

it´s not easy but i think Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist in the world.

it´s not easy but i think Eddie Van Halen is the best guitarist in the world.

Angus Young is a BADMOFO without question.But Eddie V.
is an innovator.He invented two-hand tapping,and knew his harmonics like back of his hand.Also,superb picking technique,lightining fast with razor-sharp articulation.Knows all the scales back to front and Van
Halen albums 1-4 are classics.
Rock dude

Can Eddie Van Halen do a single-handed guitar solo?Check out "TUNDERSTRUCK" by AC/DC,Angus has to be THE BEST guitarist in the world.This is Angus Youngs Irish connection,keep rockin' bud.

: Can Eddie Van Halen do a single-handed guitar solo?Check out "TUNDERSTRUCK" by AC/DC,Angus has to be THE BEST guitarist in the world.This is Angus Youngs Irish connection,keep rockin' bud.

Check out every eddie solo and just see how much better he is

both of them are legends, but Angus is THE GREATEST. He can say with two notes, what others do with fifty. His vibrato is excellent, and he also composes with his brother great riffs. His stage appearance is also fantastic. He introduced BB King and Chuck Berry to a metalhead, and this isn 't an easy job.
ANGUS ROCKS 'N' RULES

: I think Angus Young is, mainly because he's a legend, and he rocks!

One is no better than the other just learn from both and take it to the next level.

: One is no better than the other just learn from both and take it to the next level.

I highly respect eddie van halen and he is a technical guitar god
But angus...
eddies heavy metal is awesome but in my opinion angus' rhythm-and-bruise style kicks ass and he has the best on stage act ive seen.
angus rocks

I think that Eddie Van Halen is better because he could crush Angus Young in a guitar match.

Angus is the best because he and AC/DC kicks ASS!!!

: Angus is the best because he and AC/DC kicks ASS!!!

: : Angus is the best because he and AC/DC kicks ASS!!!
aangus young is the best guitarist your right

They are both legends in their own right, and have contributed endless knowledge to the guitar as an intstrument, but Eddie's style and technical ability is far more impressive than Angus'.

They are both legends in their own right, and have contributed endless knowledge to the guitar as an instrument, but Eddie's style and technical ability is far more impressive than Angus'.

: They are both legends in their own right, and have contributed endless knowledge to the guitar as an instrument, but Eddie's style and technical ability is far more impressive than Angus'.

: To take it a step further, although it may be true that Eddie could easily play any of the notes backward and forward that Angus does, I don't think he could convince us that he means it the way Angus does. Eddie has been known to complain that he would rather play keyboard. At some point along the way, Eddie lost his passion. You could hear it in his older stuff but now it's dry. Angus still believes in his much simpler style, and he takes us there with him. Angus gives us the passion that Eddie used to feel in his youth. If music is too much brain and not enough heart it may be impressive but it’s not very listen able.

: I think Angus Young is more fast with the guitat, but eddie van halen has much more tecnic

I think that angus is the best, because the music that he play is the best .
but eddie is the second in the list.

i am from argentinian.
sorry, because i dont speak english very well, but i want left my opinion.

bye
IVAN TOTH

Angus is god er wait I mean the devil!!!!!!

Angus is the best

eddie is not the best,he is good but not the best.the poor eddi just cant do more. the best of the best should be JIMMY PAGE.

Angus Young rules!!!!!!!Why?? Because he's still doing what he loves to do, and didn't marry a bitch to slow him down.

:Angus Angus Angus!!! I have never been so mesmerized by a musician. He is channeling something so incredible and in such an uninhibited manner--you just feel the passion. Not to mention never missing a note with all the leaping and falling and head bobbing...Angus is my new hero.

Van halen is technically far superior.
Frankly they both suck compared to Randy Rhoads when he was alive.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.