Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics gomez guitars

• This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

does anyone know anyhting about old Gomez guitars?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just got a Gomez Les Paul from a friend of mine. He ended up with two carcasses. The one in a cherry burst was garbage, big fracture in the neck that could never be fixed, and this man will try to fix just about anything. The one I got is the white lp copy. It must have stayed with a smoker for most of its life because it has that yellowed tinge. But between last night and today we put it together from a carcass and it plays surprisingly well. I asked my friend if he knew anything about the company and he hadn’t heard much. So far this forum feed is the best info and it’s mostly people asking for info.

Cheers.
      James

Anonymous

Looking for info on a Gomez Les Paul. So far this is the most information I’ve found

Anonymous

I would like to know if anyone has any information on a Gomez solid body electric guitar
      model number GF 2049 i have looked every where and can not find this guitar.i have found
      a lot of Gomez but not this one.i would appreciate any help as to the year of the guitar and
      what it may be worthTHANKS VERY MUCH.

Anonymous

Seeking Ronrico Gomez guitars and website. Can anyone help?

Anonymous

: does anyone know anyhting about old Gomez guitars? Which Gomez? Estrada Gomez?

Anonymous

: : does anyone know anyhting about old Gomez guitars? : Which Gomez? Estrada Gomez? I own a Gomez bass…looks exactly like a rickenbacker circa 1975, except it’s lighter and thinner…I’m taking the word of the old guy I bought it off of. I’d like info as well.

Anonymous

I had a Gomez Ric copy as teen. It was great! But then it was stolen in 1980 from my high school music class. I’ve occasionally searched online for info about Gomez Ric copies, never found anything. Your post is the 1st mention of one I’ve found. I still have the treble pickup cover! It’s identical to the real thing. Can you post a pic? I have a couple pix of mine that would require some searching for

Anonymous

: : : does anyone know anyhting about old Gomez guitars? : : Which Gomez? Estrada Gomez? : : I own a Gomez bass…looks exactly like a rickenbacker circa 1975, except it’s lighter and thinner…I’m taking the word of the old guy I bought it off of. I’d like info as well. I have a Gomez guitar that I bought in Peru. Apparently the wood it is made of is native to that part of the world. It is lighter and thinner than most guitars. Good sound.

Anonymous

Hi everybody, Back in 1985, I bought a classical guitar which was already supposed to be 20 years old or so. I still own it, but I’m looking for information about it. The sticker inside says Francisco Gomez, modelo C4, n°265, but I can’t find anything on the net about Francisco Gomez, except from Francisco Estrada Gomez. And I doubt this luthier assembled this instrument in the sixties. Any helpful information ? Thanks Fred : : : : does anyone know anyhting about old Gomez guitars? : : : Which Gomez? Estrada Gomez? : : : : I own a Gomez bass…looks exactly like a rickenbacker circa 1975, except it’s lighter and thinner…I’m taking the word of the old guy I bought it off of. I’d like info as well. : I have a Gomez guitar that I bought in Peru. Apparently the wood it is made of is native to that part of the world. It is lighter and thinner than most guitars. Good sound.

Anonymous

This is an old post, but I’ll try replying anyhow. I don’t have much information for you, but I also have a Francisco GOMEZ guitar which I bought in the 1980ies in Switzerland. At the time it was at least 10 years old. The label also says “modelo ____ n° ____” but unfortunately both the model number and serial number have faded away. I was also looking for info on this maker and found your post.
              Best,
              Susanna

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.